Trying to get R* Verifired

JustHatched

My goal is to get a race R* verified, but it would seem to be a popularity contest over quality. I won't say I have made great races but I think most are pretty good.

SO my question is to everyone is what do you consider to be a good race? Easy to run or technical? Jumps? Long or short? ect......

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yeah I agree with dodge fun is key and also variety. I like a few surprises, tricky corners, jumps, obstacles and basically whatever comes my way.

Some are incredibly boring, eg: 'Jumps, jumps, jumps' and another with a spelling error 'alot of money to race'

Those straight line freeway, no traffic races just don't do it for me, it's not much of a challenge and it can kinda force people into ramming due to it being your only overtaking chance.

At least with a technical track, skill will show through (fingers crossed)

A good sign is if people are laughing then its usually a good race.

I enjoyed the one dodge made and It's much improved without the cameras, that narrow alley is awesome  :D

• Like 1

Seems as though the easier the race, the more people will give it a like.

I've noticed, not many like a race which they suck at. It's easier to blame the track or the creator rather than accept you were not good enough.

@JustHatched your races which I've tried are good, a lot of effort has gone into creating them, clearly.

I love the races Hatch has created.  I like all the different kinds, some are really silly but you know we are having fun by all the laughing going on.  Who would have thought that a lawn mower could be fun?  And I really think my tractor is sexy.  Try all of the different ones and see just how much fun it can be.  I like the super car but to me it is boring to do just those all the time.  (Besides my driving sucks and this is the only time I have a chance to win one). lol 

I think RSC stats for the number of thumbs up all my stuff combined is a bit off cuz it says I have over 3 million thumbs up. DIdn't realize my stuff was that popular

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the name of the race you want to get verified ? It should help when you add this race to every playlist. I think you´ll need minimum 70% likes and many many votes/runs.

Someone told me that everyone on facebook is conected with everyone on the world over seven corners, when .... missing english words. In easy words, get 10 guys who play it minimum once a day, they will find guys and so on.

• 1 month later...

Its totally screwy, I should know better than to trust anything on that half-assed RSC page. Half the new R*V jobs show less than 20 plays then others show 10,15, 20k plays, some show the creator name others just show R*V logos.

I have seen my own creations actually lose play #'s and I did not republish/update them.

Regardless the guy from the big racing crew, whose name I forget, claimed that he knew 1st hand that a race created by a crewmate or friend that was verified had less than 100 plays. So i am thinking there is no automatic trigger to become a candidate, you just have to get lucky....or it could be both, they just randomly pick some and try them out and also query the database for the next 2,4, 6, 10 most popular maps by likes/plays or whatever and then choose.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am thinking there is no automatic trigger to become a candidate, you just have to get lucky....or it could be both, they just randomly pick some and try them out and also query the database for the next 2,4, 6, 10 most popular maps by likes/plays or whatever and then choose.

How prophetic.

Pier Pressure II had 230 "plays", maybe half as many "likes", and IIRC was only promoted on one thread I started around February on GTAF along with a dozen or so of my other creations back when I only had made about 18-20 creations.

It certainly appears there is a lot of right-place-right-time/luck involved in getting a chance to be considered for R* verification.

• Like 3

handcuff_charlie.jpg