How did you know?

ScottyB

Since this is a gaming site originally made for couples, I'm disappointed at the lack of topics on love and relationships!  To get the ball rolling, I ask you the not so simple question; How did you know that your significant other was the one?

Was it love at first site? Did you feel a strong connection with them unlike anyone else before? Did you ever have any doubts? Feel free to say anything else you'd like on the matter as well :) 

Obviously due to the personal nature of this question, feel free to write as little or much as you want.

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

Well, I'll kick things up... I am divorced at an early age, I blame myself because I searched for love... Whenever I tried I ended up getting fucked. Now I have a happy family and I think it was because I wasn't searching for anything. I was handed love :D

edit:(not an advice, please don't do the same as I if you don't believe...)

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

58 minutes ago, Chewy said:

She told me.

Were you pointed out at a line up or something? That's the guy! He's the one! haha I hope you said it back to her :P 

59 minutes ago, grjkie said:

Well, I'll kick things up... I am divorced at an early age, I blame myself because I searched for love... Whenever I tried I ended up getting fucked. Now I have a happy family and I think it was because I wasn't searching for anything. I was handed love :D

edit:(not an advice, please don't do the same as I if you don't believe...)

I know the feeling. I wouldn't blame yourself though, deep down you knew that it wasn't right. I've semi recently broken up with my partner of 8 years, a lot of which was spent questioning "is there someone else better out there for me?". If you think you're settling at all, then those feelings will never go away and you have to ask yourself if you can live with that, and I couldn't.

I'm happy that you have found someone special. They always say that love happens when you least expect it!

27 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Think I'm going to avoid this conversation. Who said we were meant to be with only one person :D 

Haha, maybe you'll learn a thing or 2 :P But I agree, some people don't want to settle down and that's fine. Maybe one day someone will come along and fulfil all your needs, who knows!

scottyb1988.jpg

7 years in a relationship so it's looking like she's the one so far :lol:

I wouldn't call our relationship a splendid love story like in the fairytales or romantic movies. We just love each other because it feels good to be with one another. Just that.

But I think love isn't a straight line. Sometimes you can be madly in love with your partner and sometimes, feel it a bit less and wanting a bit more space.

I'm perfectly happy with how things are going now so I guess that's what love is in my case.

About our meet 7 years ago, it wasn't love at first sight ^^ I thought :"this girl is pretty, she seems nice, I'd like to know her more". That's what happened and after a few weeks of getting to know each other, we started a relationship together and I guess we became in love with each other.

It's a process that grows overtime in my experience. I'm sure it is specific to everyone though. Love at first sight can definitely happen and I guess that's a very strong feeling. I'm sure you know it when it happens to know.

• Like 1

I don't think there is a one right person. You primarily make a decision to get together based on alot of things. Then your personalities and life will affect if you stick together or not. I think there is always another person that could be a better match, but it doesn't matter,  we all deal with what we have. Most important appreciate what you have or make a change. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

It's a process that grows overtime in my experience. I'm sure it is specific to everyone though. Love at first sight can definitely happen and I guess that's a very strong feeling. I'm sure you know it when it happens to know.

I definitely agree with this and being/falling in love will be a very individual experience. To think that you don't need to work on the relationship and help make it grow will only end in heartbreak and there will always be ups and downs.

11 hours ago, Lann said:

I don't think there is a one right person. You primarily make a decision to get together based on alot of things. Then your personalities and life will affect if you stick together or not. I think there is always another person that could be a better match, but it doesn't matter,  we all deal with what we have. Most important appreciate what you have or make a change. 

I've always been under the assumption that there will be many right people for you, most likely 1000's. The odds that there's only one and you finding them is almost impossible! From my experience so far, I believe it's extremely important to date a variety of people so that you know what you desire in a partner so when they come along, you'll know and be in a good position to commit without hesitation and be able to fully appreciate what you've got.

I tried to make things work in my past relationship but I could never fully commit and couldn't quieten the voice saying that it's not right. It took a long time for me to listen but I had to make the change and feel much better for doing so. Lesson here, always listen to your gut feeling!

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I think love at first sight happens more for younger people, after you get older and burned a few times you tend to look at things a better.

Rose is my 3rd wife, when we met I knew I liked her alot but circumstances at the time left us with the thought nothing would become of us, fast forward 10 years and the circumstances changed and we gave it a go and are still going and considering we are together 24/7 we seem to be ok.

My 1st wife passed due to a brain tumor and my 2nd wife I would like to strangle 

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Sinister and I were together only a short time before we got married. We were married for only 4.5 years when we got divorced. After almost a year of going our separate ways and venturing out we have it another try. We have been back together almost 9 years. We did not get remarried and do not know that we ever will. Where we are at now is what works for us. 

• Like 3

Baaaa Humbug!

Wives are like hookers in only one aspect. You PAY both to LEAVE.

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Well I was a love at first sight kinda person. I met my wife in high school and on the third date I told her that we would be married. After a year and a half of dating we got married and have been for almost 16 years. 

Edited by ssracingn2
  • Like 5

Never been married, never have even come close.  I think my longest on-going relationship clocked in somewhere around the four month mark.

I've been burned a lot and am now a bit cynical, so I doubt it will happen for a long time or perhaps even ever at all.

No offense to anyone, but I live in the wrong country. :P

On 4/23/2016 at 9:37 AM, LN-MLB said:

Never been married, never have even come close.  I think my longest on-going relationship clocked in somewhere around the four month mark.

I've been burned a lot and am now a bit cynical, so I doubt it will happen for a long time or perhaps even ever at all.

No offense to anyone, but I live in the wrong country. :P

Yeah, I do too! LOL!

I almost came back from Russia with a bride after staying over there for a couple years. I was surrounded by waaaaaay too many beautiful, sweet, very down to earth and seemingly honest women there. It was VERY tempting. I just couldn't bring myself to do the "dirty deed" again. :crazy-1:

I still talk with one of them on occasion. Her sexy voice still sends chills down my back!: SLOBBER :

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!