Capture Cards

JustHatched

I do not know who has these but if anyone does or if you get one let me know so we can edit 2 points of view into one video.

Mine a the Elgato HD, it is HDMI and if you are looking for one it works well but not like I thought it would. It seems it is true HD but only for XBox. Something about the PS3 HD encoding that Sony doesn't allow to be recorded forces capture user to go the a/v method. Wanted you to know that before you go get one with false ideas like I had, had I known that I could have gotten a cheaper a/v one rather than the HD.

Plus if you have it hooked up you have to have your computer on or the PS won't display a picture on the TV. It's really kind of a pain in the ass, but worth it in the end.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 4 weeks later...

i shall continue this

i have Pinnacle Dazzle (DVC 100) it promises DVD quality and everything, but it is somewher between Good VHS and Average DVD,

this is good if you are starting console filming, and if you are recording PS3 you need to know few things.

Record in 16:9 (set console on this aspect) and when you put em on youtube use 1080x720, 50 frames or 30frames, MP4 (just my opinion)

Pinnacle promises high resolutions but it cant do it and it uses S-Video or RCA so there goes the Dreams of Youtube Fame (in HD)

and DONT LOSE THE DRIVER CD or SERIAL KEY glue the cd on your forhead and tattoo the serial on your buttcheek but in the name of paul walker do not lose em, also Dazzle has bad habit of making black bars on the sides of your film so you need to edit em out (i do em with Vegas)

and there is some screen tearing and sometimes few lost frames and some lag between console and dazzle..

recording program is simple and easy as heck to use

but hey its pinnacle and its cheap...

Edited by Matusware

Mine a the Elgato HD, it is HDMI and if you are looking for one it works well but not like I thought it would. It seems it is true HD but only for XBox. Something about the PS3 HD encoding that Sony doesn't allow to be recorded forces capture user to go the a/v method. Wanted you to know that before you go get one with false ideas like I had, had I known that I could have gotten a cheaper a/v one rather than the HD.

Plus if you have it hooked up you have to have your computer on or the PS won't display a picture on the TV. It's really kind of a pain in the ass, but worth it in the end.

I was debating the purchase of the Elgato capture card, wasnt sure about the price just yet. About the HD output; HD can be accomplished with a HDCP bypass, or splitter. This allows full 1080P video capture using only HD cables (the Elgato has to be set as if you have an Xbox360, though). The HDCP bypass is only ~$18...and with the use of the splitter you can have the game displayed on your tv without having the computer powered on constantly. I very well might have to break down and purchase this dude.

Edited by rumdig

i have splitter so i can have picture on my TV and Monitor and also so i can record sound and use my PS3 headphone

• Like 1

My El Gato arrived today after ... i dont even remember how long... I've plugged it in, recorded a video of 6 seconds to see if it's working properly and it does.

If any1 wants to merge videos or record Playlist or crew sessions etc i'm up for it.

My play time will be limited tho due to irl stuff, studying etc but if we arrange something for the weekend i guess i can make it.