Suburban 2000-2010?

Lann

4 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Lann What about that Passat GTE ?

Thanks its going great, been driving on electricity for the last few weeks. But I also need something bigger, with kid number 5 on the way we wont fit in just the Passat. I do have a Multivan, but I was thinking to get something older/cheaper as the big car is just parked most of the time. 

• Like 1

We've got 2 of them Lann, both well over 150000 miles and they run fine with regular maintenance. Just keep your fluids changed and all the other stuff that normally happens and it'll last a long time. Uses alot of fuel though

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 2016-04-20 at 9:05 PM, Fido_le_muet said:

@Lann What about that Passat GTE ?

FFulkNK.jpg

I am still a bit too excited about this electric car :D

On 2016-04-20 at 10:41 PM, Hatch said:

We've got 2 of them Lann, both well over 150000 miles and they run fine with regular maintenance. Just keep your fluids changed and all the other stuff that normally happens and it'll last a long time. Uses alot of fuel though

If you have two, that says something about the car. Will look into it more,  too bad they are rare here. Thanks! 

Just pay close attention to the start up. Insist that it be a COLD START. Quite a few years of the LS engine, seemingly a majority truck engines, were susceptible to piston skirt failure/collapse. This will result in a hollow ringing sort of noise on start up with a minor case, but very harsh with more damage. It can somewhat go away as the engine warms and pistons expand. When maintained and not abused, they can last for an acceptable time.

edit! Check the brake lines for corrosion! Depending on your winters, they are very susceptible to corrosion and failure.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

10 hours ago, Lann said:

FFulkNK.jpg

I am still a bit too excited about this electric car :D

If you have two, that says something about the car. Will look into it more,  too bad they are rare here. Thanks! 

I don't know that it really says anything about other than necessity.  Rose already had one when we got together, it fits 5 people. Problem was when we got together we had 5 kids together (her 2, my 3) and we were using to different vehicles to get everyone to the same place. We found a 7 passenger for the right price but we would have went with anything just to get all on one vehicle.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: