Daily Objectives

Sinister

I like doing these for the bonuses but have discovered through conversation that some folks highly oppose them. Sure the extra money is nice and simple to earn but they can be a pain to complete sometimes. Especially the ones you have to do with others and must rely on the help of the dreaded Random because no is available (or willing) to help you. Aside from the bonuses themselves, one also earns money/rp for doing most of the tasks at hand. On the flip side, some can cost you money. Since I still play daily and enjoy goofing around more than being constantly slaughtered in Death Matches, Captures, etc, I decided to keep track of my Daily Objectives.

I wanted to know exactly what the total amounts earned and spent when collecting 28 days of them is. I (really Tech did it) came up with a spreadsheet to keep track of money earned, rp earned, money spent and time involved.

Week #1

13029418_10154019723090993_5719065310942

Add 450 more to the RP total because I forgot to track the RP earned for rating each job I had to perform. I've also dropped from the clouds after a job into an active Free Roam Challenge which I win and earn money/RP from as well. About 50K winnings (I didn't include that in totals) from them but keeping track of RP is tricky unless you keep video of everything and I felt that was a little overkill. The time totals are rough guesses that take consideration of cloud time, lobby loadings, etc. They could be more but are most likely less. As I said, I'm on for hours a day anyways, so my time is already wasted.

Day 7 was a loss because I didn't feel like searching for an active bounty. Put one on an AFK that was nearby. All others were positive and made up for 7.

Kill 10 players includes the money I earned from winning the head shot challenge while killing one of the 10 players. It also includes the money I earned by mugging the same player. I love when fools go AFK. Races are simple because they can all be done solo, unless the Rally option is involved. Load up one lap of Criminal Records and boom.  

Bribe the Cops is the one you don't want to see because it can be costly. The bribe is 5K, then you have to blow up vehicles. RPG's are expensive. I just call for my tank and blow shit up. Of course the tank isn't cheap but I already had one and so do many others.

• Like 7

I like statistics, data and analysis.

Unfortunately I don't like doing that but good work arranging all of that as you go through it.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Nice! It was a pain when I did mine. Objectives that required a forced co-op such as improntu race, one vs one DM (freemode), I hated those. Not only that, I almost lost my streak because of a Simeon Vehicle-I complete it the day before not knowing I would get it as an objective. As a result I stopped doing them when I got my monthly achievement.

*This was way before I joined this crew, so finding people that were able to help was a pain

• Like 2

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I'd also like to see/know over the course of a month (if you can compile it) how frequent certain task types are (or if the objectives are just on a cycle - I really donno since I never do them). For example, if they're not, maybe given a full 30 days (or 1 month), what is the total and % for how many of your tasks are .. capture related (or more general like job related) or whatever. Doesn't need to be super specific like Capture: Raid (1).

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I just finished week 1. Awesome bonus. I think I'll dedicate myself to this, at least until the first 28 day bonus falls. I'll have to be away a couple of days in May, but whenever I think I can be a month without leaving town I'll definitely be doing this.

Today was a breeze. Air race, movies, and fairground ride. 

Never had any trouble with it. Rally race I just hosted a criminal records, newbies always join those, and changed it to Rally quickly and launched immediately. Versus mission, the quick job thing finds them pretty quickly as well. I assume I'll have to find a crew member to do a couple of others like tennis or impromtu racing. Going around asking strangers for impromptus is begging to be killed.

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prodigy_Rocks_ said:

Nice! It was a pain when I did mine. Objectives that required a forced co-op such as improntu race, one vs one DM (freemode), I hated those. Not only that, I almost lost my streak because of a Simeon Vehicle-I complete it the day before not knowing I would get it as an objective. As a result I stopped doing them when I got my monthly achievement.

*This was way before I joined this crew, so finding people that were able to help was a pain

Yeah, finding people can suck. Nice thing though is when one does join and promptly quits the mission, you still get the check mark. I prefer help from the crew but if that doesn't work there is more than one system in the house :)

I have been doing these every day since Feb and have yet to get a 28 day streak. Realized that it was from leaving a session before doing an objective. When you drop into a new session, the objectives would be changed. The server would see that has a skipped day and reset the counter. Funny how I could never get R* to explain why they were restting.

1 minute ago, G37 said:

I'd also like to see/know over the course of a month (if you can compile it) how frequent certain task types are (or if the objectives are just on a cycle - I really donno since I never do them). For example, if they're not, maybe given a full 30 days (or 1 month), what is the total and % for how many of your tasks are .. capture related (or more general like job related) or whatever. Doesn't need to be super specific like Capture: Raid (1).

I plan on doing that as well. Quite a few of the tasks pop up often. Also seems as if they change......somehow. Example, I have not had to do a Rally race in quite a long time. I've never had to do Tennis or anything like that either. Before I started tracking, I would get almost nothing but Captures. Would alternate between each one, every day.

• Like 2

@G37 he really means he will be having me do that as well, lol. I do stuff like this a lot at work. For myself visually seeing the numbers makes things a lot easier to understand. After doing this I think it is time for me to start doing them again.

I saved a blank copy of the spreadsheet with the formulas if anyone wants to track theirs.

Edited by TECHFL227
  • Like 2

I'm currently trying for a full month, reached two weeks today thanks to Chewie joining me for a rally. I have done a full month before, last year on PS3. The worst objective then was tennis since it had to be a complete, first to 6 game, set. That took me 3 attempts, on the first two my opponents quit and that didn't count. I think I read somewhere that has been changed now or even tennis has been taken out.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Very cool, Sinister!  I recently finished my first attempt of 28 days in a row.  I may try and do it again, but I have missed a couple recently due to not having played as much.  I still try to do these every time I sign into the game though.

I'm pretty sure they have removed quite a few of them though--As of recently, I've never had to play Tennis, Darts, Arm Wrestling, obtain a gold medal at Flight School, do a 1 v 1 DM, Impromptu race, or even deliver a vehicle to Simeon.  I think they have whittled it down to the easier and more obtainable ones as a whole.  The hardest ones to find seem to be the specific capture modes, but I generally just search for one through the quick job menu and eventually find it.

Edited by LN

Week 2, Completed.

13047755_10154032333400993_4775894659283

They started back up on the Capture flood again. I realized that i had not been accounting for the RP gains when picking up or delivering the "Capture" item. So there is still some unaccounted for. They loaded me up with tasks that cost money and award zero RP but I was still able to come out ahead on cash and RP. More so than last week.

Flight School mission was the final one and my first time completing it. Not sure if further plays will pay out as much. I was killed upon exiting the store I robbed so the stolen money was taken away. The GTA Capture was played with Defaultbling and I had a good time with it. He buried those damn buses so I had to work for them.

Week 3, complete

13072665_10154048524755993_9123251299403

Nothing spectacular. Race heavy and heavy on non RP giving tasks. Least amount of money made so far. You'll notice these are basically the same tasks, over and over.......and over.

• Like 1

If anyone needs a second person to get a daily done, you can always shoot me a message and I can help. 

• Like 1

Randoms are quick to join everything but Captures but it is nice to have backups available :)

Week 4, completed. 28 days in a row, SUCCESS.

13151556_10154061582590993_3423630073551

Week 4 was pretty basic and had no Captures but tossed in an LTS and a few missions. This time I actually found a Bounty to collect.

So, in 4 weeks I earned 1.6 million. That is only a couple hundred K more than I earned in one day hosting the heists so Omar, Pete, and Arruda could complete CMM. This didn't require 10+ hours straight of gaming though.

I still feel that these area a simple way to make some cash and require little effort.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 5