Weapon Choices

ScottyB

What are your preferred weapon choices, gadgets and accessories and why?

I'm new to the game and have slowly been unlocking things but so far I generally prefer the support role because of the gadgets and accessories for the guns.

I have been using the u-100 with a 4x toggle scope so I can easily fight close range and also stay back. My preferred gadget is the mortar cannon. I've also been using the mares leg pistol and would like to unlock the 40x scope for it which should be pretty cool.

I have also started switching between the assault loadout and using the AK-12 with a 4x optic and canted iron site which pretty much ends up like the above setup.

My preferred set up will end up having a 1x lense for close range with a medium range scope (around 8x ?) so that I can sit back and snipe before moving in. 

All the guns seem to have similar stats so how do you go about choosing the best one that suits your playing style accounting for damage, range, stability and rate of fire?

scottyb1988.jpg

Favourite AR: Ace 23       -so versatile; dmg, range, stability, RoF

Favourite Carbine: Ace 21 CQB       -basically the Ace 23 made to be CQB

Favourite Sniper: Either the M98B or Srr-61        -M98B sits well for me while Srr-61 is what everyone else is running

Favourite PDW: MPX                              -Easy to use, decent RoF, stable   (Sr-2 and AS Val comes close after)

Favourite Shotgun: QBS-09                  -Nice RoF and it's the first shotgun you unlock. (I would chooses DA0-12 or 870-MCS, after)

Favourite LMG: AWS                      -Nice RoF, easy to control. (Mg4 and M40B comes close after)

Favourite Pistol: Compact 45.         -Nice dmg, semi auto.   (DEagle, g18, 93r, Unica-6 or tied after, but I would go for Unica-6)

Favourite DMR: SKS                     -RoF  (planning on trying Scar H SV + ACE 53 SV someday)

Favourite Gadget: Medic Kit            -I'd rather live to fight another day + I can just pick up an enemies kit if I was low on ammo

Favourite Vehicle: N/A                    -I suck at driving + sticky analog stick

Favorite knife: Carbon Fibre            -design is cool

Favorite Gun camo: Quick Response        -Red + Grey + Black really caught my eye

Favorite solider camo:  Fire Starter          -Kind of goes with the gun camo although you don't see much of red on the solider

Favorite Dog Tag: Hanger 21/"P" premium dogtag      -wanted the phantom assignment dog tag as well as the friends of dice dog tag

I prefer assault class because you have access to the medic kit to keep you alive, defibs for your teammates, grenade launchers for offence and the assault rifles for range.

For close range, I would go for engineer because the pdw are really good for CQB, RPGs are your "sniper"

Weapons with a balance between RoF, dmg and stability are what I go for. Being able to land shots regardless of dmg is key before moving onto harder hitting-yet high recoiled weapons

*Favorite knife attachment: Supressor, bipod mounted on bipod, on bipod, laser/light combo

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Well this website will allow you to see all the raw data on all primary and secondary weapon load out's . http://symthic.com/bf4-stats 

Regardless of which primary weapons you use, if its not in the Assault riffle class then you are at a

disadvantage right out the gate, because some weapons damage per bullet rate are greater and bullet

drop rate (resulting in still retaining a heavy damage rate at greater distance).  There are also aspects

which direction does the weapon recoil to when it kicks in, and what type of grip and barrel to use to

negate it, though the stat bar might misguide you specifically when it comes to the barrel type.

My Primary & Secondary weapons Preference 

Assault Class: Aug A3, M416, AR160, SAR-21, F2000 and Bull Dog           My Favorite is the Aug A3 easy to use riffle.

Engineer Class: PP-2000, PDW-R, MP7, P90, UMP9, UMP45, AS VAL and CZ-3A1       My Favorite is the MP7

rapid fire, reload and accurate.

Support Class: PKP Pecheneg, AWS, Dao 12, Saiga 12K, and MG4         My Favorite is the Dao 12 explosive shells.

Recon Class: AK 5C,M40A5,M82A3 , SRR-61, M98B, Gol Magnum          My Favorite is the  Gol Magnum stable kill confirm I even use it at close combat depending on the map and scope.

Secondary: .44 Magnum, SW40, Deagle and G18     My Favorite is the  G18 rapid fire weapon for those moments when your'e in a  p!$$ your pants scenario. hahaha 

Edited by Smurf

Engineer:

For close range I always go with the cz-3A1. Its high rate of fire is a big advantage. My gadgets are mines and the sraw rocket launcher. It's good to take down snipers and vehicles.

For mid to long range it's the M4 carbine with a 3.5x or 4x scope.

Assault:

For close range I like the cz-805 and for mid to long the m4a1 with a 3.5x scope. Gadgets are medkit and defribillator.

I never tried the support class and I suck with the sniper.

• 3 months later...

I'm still going through and unlocking weapons and attachments. It depends on the map but I'll eventually get a combination of weapons, attachments and gadgets that I prefer depending on the map and how I'm playing it.

scottyb1988.jpg

The MPX was my go to weapon. It feels like a carbine and a pdw. But coming in second is that ACE 23. It shoots like a lazar beam.

• Like 2

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)