has the advent of gta online made other games obsolete ?

Troysayshi

Okay maybe the title is a bit of a misnomer but to me it seems all  other games have gone by the wayside since gta v and gta online. Even the PS4 hasn't seen the light of day.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• JustHatched

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

In 1 word - yes.

I just cannot play anything else for longer than 30 mins, even though I have many recent games, some still sealed.

• Like 2

Same here, I was playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier mostly before GTA, now it's all GTA

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I was re-playing 'the last of us', abandoned that when gtav came out, did intend to get gran turismo 6, walking dead and beyond: two souls but seems pointless while I'm hooked on gta

• Like 1

I was re-playing 'the last of us', abandoned that when gtav came out, did intend to get gran turismo 6, walking dead and beyond: two souls but seems pointless while I'm hooked on gta

For the most part now yea, huge rush with my old crew when game was launched but as ps4 came out they all switched over. With the crew the game has come back to life once I found gta forums and seen lotsa ppl still enjoying the game was easy to find ppl today with again.

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I was playing MLB 13: The Show before GTA V, but I haven't touched it since becoming addicted to GTA Online.  I still want to get into the next season of the Walking Dead game, but I'm thinking that I will wait until all episodes are released.  Of course, I'll probably end up buying MLB 14: The Show when it's released, but I won't play until the fully updated rosters are available.  I still need to finish story mode on GTA V.

• 2 weeks later...

I started and completed far cry 3 in January, this is when my crew stopped coming on and I got bored playing alone. I also started Hitman but I'm so bad at it I gave up.

• 1 year later...

I wasn't interested in next gen consoles due to the selection of games until I found out you could get GTA for it. That's all I play, although ESO and a few others coming soon look promising. 

Major necro thread lol.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

In my case it's not so much the game that keeps me hooked - it's the crew. Before joining the crew I played all the other games I had, mainly Uncharted 3, CoD: BO, Assassin's Creed games, FIFA 14, NFS Hot Pursuit, Mirror's Edge (which I still haven't finished because of you guys :lol:) and some others. Now, however? I have about 20 freshly bought games and some from a while back waiting to be played, but the only game I find myself starting up is GTA V. Before the crew I hardly played it and hadn't even touched Online after reaching rank 100. Now I'm playing it almost every day and enjoying it a lot (if we leave out the connection problems and bugs and all that crap).

• Like 3

I havent played any other game for years, and if it wasnt for this crew and this website i would not play any games.

I do think R* could and should do more to keep the game itself interesting and fresh (or release a releasedate for gta6).

• Like 1

End all, be all? No. I played many other games since the intro of GTA5. I never went online with the PS3 version, other than the first couple of days. I didn't go online until a few weeks before joining the crew. I'd say that the crew has had more of an influence in me continuing to play the game.

edit....Very interesting thread though

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I could never play just one game, would get way too stale. Currently I am playing The Witcher 3, Life Is Strange, and Rocksmith 2014. And lots of other stuff.

Fallout 4 in a few months though.

And the Final Fantasy VII remake...I'm ten again :)

• Like 2

this still actually applies.....I bought ' The last of us' when I upgraded to ps4, but only played the DLC. I haven't bought another game yet, the PSplus games provide occasional brief distraction.

I'm finding playing Red Dead Redemption on PS3 for hours at a time is a lot more relaxing lately.

Awesome game! When it first came out that's all I ever played. Very relaxing riding the horse around...unless of course you get mauled by a grizzly.:-)

Awesome game! When it first came out that's all I ever played. Very relaxing riding the horse around...unless of course you get mauled by a grizzly.:-)

I haven't met bears yet.  Not that far into the game.  Actually have no idea how far I am since the game won't link on RSC for some reason.  It's a really great game though and I enjoy every second of it.  Rockstar really needs RDR2.  Probably won't touch GTAV or GTAVI (whenever that eventually releases) for awhile if RDR2 is available.

Edited by LV_Jag
  • Like 1