PC Gaming

Do we have any PC gamers amongst us? If so what do we play and what do people recommend? The Witcher is on my list to play plus I've got The Division free with my GPU so I need to try that at some point. 

I play a bit of Civilization V, just against the computer though. I did try against human opponents once but got fed up waiting for them to finish their turns. I also have a character on an online game Runescape (similar, I am told, to World of Warcraft but without the same level of graphics) but most of the time I just keep my character ticking over slowly leveling up rather than actually playing.

Only play the Football Manager series, mainly online leagues, but also some career mode when I have time.

Sometimes play Truck Simulator as well just for fun.

Probably got over 100 Steam games.

Edited by DavidCore89

I rather game on console, but some games need to be played on PC or aren't available for console.  

The games I play atm are Banished and Mount & Blade: Warband. After GTAV M&B: Warband is probably the game I have spent the longest time playing due to brilliant mods. 

I have a gaming PC that is 3 years old now which means it can only play the newest games on lowest settings. Also a reason why I prefer consoles. Don't wanna upgrade all the time.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm currently upgrading a gaming pc. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far but the processor is underpowered for the latest games. I'm hoping to upgrade that over the next two or three months. 

I'm happy to buy CS:GO if you guys want to team up? It's very cheap and doesn't require a monster machine to run, seems to be an ideal game for the XDBX master race!  

I played the older cs games many years ago and was really bad at them, so I hope there's an option for unranked games! 

I used to play CS a long time ago as well, I am up for it, I'm more into other game genres but I'll play anything with you guys :)

Even though the waiting period on Star Citizen is really annoying I think it will be a great game once it is released, that is the one PC game I can't wait to play :). I loved the creator previous space sim(freelancer) and this one is a lot more ambitious. 

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I'll give it a go but I'm not really set up for FPS on my PC. I like the slower pace of games where reaction times aren't critical. If I set myself up a little desk area I should be able to get killed a lot on CS :D

Reactivated my steam account, I think I'll try GO tonight still :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

52 minutes ago, grjkie said:

Reactivated my steam account, I think I'll try GO tonight still :)

I finally won my first competitive match, only because the enemy team was a little more retarted than my team

Just now, Ninja said:

I finally won my first competitive match, only because the enemy team was a little more retarted than my team

Add me Ninja, greenjunkie :D

www.ishare4free.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2016 at 10:14 AM, Banketelli said:

I rather game on console, but some games need to be played on PC or aren't available for console.  

The games I play atm are Banished and Mount & Blade: Warband. After GTAV M&B: Warband is probably the game I have spent the longest time playing due to brilliant mods. 

I have a gaming PC that is 3 years old now which means it can only play the newest games on lowest settings. Also a reason why I prefer consoles. Don't wanna upgrade all the time.

mount and blade is sooo good. the modding community really helped keep this game going for yearsss

• Like 1

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Switched my gaming PC on today for the first time in months, it then spent the rest of the day downloading updates on my slow broadband. :(

I wanted to download the free beta of Forza 6, it's over 18Gb so that might be ready sometime later in the week :lol:

• Like 1

I've been playing all day, even managed to get my DFGT PS3 wheel working with it. I'm impressed so far, Gran Turismo have got competition, what will do it for me is the ability to use my existing wheel rather than forking out 100's for one that's compatible with the PS4. Shame on you Sony! 

• Like 1

I really like Forza 4 on the 360 so I have high hopes. I'd also forgotten I had the PC version of dirt rally which probably needs another massive update.

I don't have a steering wheel so I'll have to do with an Xbox controller for now.

34 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I've been playing all day, even managed to get my DFGT PS3 wheel working with it. I'm impressed so far, Gran Turismo have got competition, what will do it for me is the ability to use my existing wheel rather than forking out 100's for one that's compatible with the PS4. Shame on you Sony! 

Pretty sure you can buy a third party adapter for the DFGT and G27 for them to work on PS4 now.

1 minute ago, skip_rat said:

I really like Forza 4 on the 360 so I have high hopes. I'd also forgotten I had the PC version of dirt rally which probably needs another massive update.

I don't have a steering wheel so I'll have to do with an Xbox controller for now.

Been playing DiRT on PS4, awesome game, but I agree that it needs an update, at least more countries in rally mode.

Just now, DavidCore89 said:

Pretty sure you can buy a third party adapter for the DFGT and G27 for them to work on PS4 now.

It's not the connector. DFGT uses USB and it connected to the PS3 that way. Apparently it's down to Logitech themselves not wanting people to use old hardware when they should be spending money on new. It's their own fault for making decent quality gear which still works years later.

I'm happy it's also PC compatible, just needed a new windows 10 driver and an egg box controller emulator and was good to go after a few struggles mapping the keys.