Favourite Game Mode

ScottyB

What's you're favourite (and least favourite)  game mode/team size?

Duel, Doubles, Standard or Chaos? Or do you prefer rocket labs/snow day or mutator mash up?

What do you guys think of 1v1? 

I personally like Doubles the best. It allows you to handle the ball a lot more but you still need to rely on team work to play well. 

My least favourite would probably have to be Chaos, because it's pretty chaotic :P I still enjoy it when we have enough people on but that's the only time I'll ever play it.

I didn't think much of 1v1 but have started to play it a bit more recently since switching cars and I really like it. It's a very different play style where you can't over commit to certain shots because there's no goalie. You also get to learn how to dribble the ball and it forces you to make sure that your shots are more accurate. More ball time also means you should be improving a bit quicker and you'll also learn defensive skills as well.

If you haven't played it much, stick with it for a bit and you should be matched with more equal opponents which will allow you to experience and improve a lot which will also make it more enjoyable :)

scottyb1988.jpg

I like doubles also because of the room you have in the arena and like you said it requires teamwork but you can't just sit a person back in goal which I like. I also enjoy 3v3 more with 3 friends but also play the solo standard with randoms same concept as 2v2 just a little more crowded. Not a huge fan of 4v4 as arenas seem crowded and usually more defensive then offensive. 

I will play 1v1 just like you said it is totally different play style and forces you play different

I like 3vs3, I'm a pretty weak player. Fun game and I like all modes and when time allows I will be playing again.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I can't say that I'm much into the game anymore, but I prefer 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4.  I don't enjoy 1 vs 1 at all--I find it quite boring honestly.  I suppose 2 vs 2 is ok, but I feel bad for the person who gets paired with me.  It's just not really a game where I do that well overall.

• Like 1

1 vs 1 drives me crazy. I hate taking my time to get a good drive/dribble down court, just for the opponent to smash it once and it go in my goal. HATE IT! 2 vs 2 I really like, only if with someone who knows how to play properly. They don't have to be good, but knowing the concept is huge. If I am driving and get a good corner pass to drop in front of enemy goal, I expect to see my team mate there ATTEMPTING to hit it in. If I get said pass off, and I just watch the ball drop in front of their goal, and then hit out by them, then see that my team mate is back playing goalie or something, I get pretty upset.

I think 3 vs 3 is the best and ideal battle in RL. Taking the same concepts as 2's, a power forward to drive the ball down and decide if he/she has a shot, and if not, getting that good pass off. Then having a center that is there to receive said pass in front of their goal, OR back up the pass in the corner, where then the third person, a point guard lets say, is there for the pass in front of the goal. 

The only thing I don't like about 3's, is when I find a team that likes to just stuff a goalie back. It makes me laugh sometimes, as now they are performing a 2v3 offense, PLUS, if you have a good 'xploder on your team, they already know who the goalie is going to be, and if everything plays right, said 'xploder will destroy that goalie just at the right moment!

4 vs 4... I like it. I've always said it needed to be included in ranked. Now, YES, it is more hectic and crazy, but I also think it is less serious, and more fun to play. (Probably why it isn't on ranked)

Rocket Labs = sweetness and greatest idea a game has come out with in a long time. Psyonix gets bonus dev points for this.