Cross Console Play Someday?

Looks like Microsoft is working with some devs to allow cross-console play. If this ever happens and Sony, Microsoft and Rockstar get on board then I would actually buy GTAV for the XBOne to be able to play with all of the PS4 owning crew! Of course, this is all speculation at this point and nothing beyond Xbox/PC cross play has been announced but it was mentioned that other networks would be welcome.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/

Here's to hoping that this actually happens...

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

Games like Rocket League, who are not your multi-billion dollar gaming developers already support this function - PS4 and PC. So it's not a foreign idea but I'm sure there's tons of PR and corporate executives that think this is a bad idea from their company's standpoint.

Hope it's a reality some day because separating people is never a fun thing. And of course there should always be console/gaming platform exclusives but for games available across all others - one day, yeah.

In R*'s case, they'd better heavily invest in network infrastructure to support such a web of connectivity because it's barely passable as is.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

War Thunder is also PS4/PC crossplay, I think it is all doable if they want to sink the cash into it.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2016 at 11:22 PM, Hatch said:

War Thunder is also PS4/PC crossplay, I think it is all doable if they want to sink the cash into it.

Baaaack when Kirsh was a learning how 2 make vidya games this was talked about a bit. Honestly, it'll boil down whoever dumps the money to make it a thing first then if whatever they do it for succeeds it'll end up being a staple. 

• 3 weeks later...

It would be awesome to be able to play with friends that own different consoles. Cause I mean who really wants to shell 400 dollars for another system just so you can play with a couple of buddies? Hopefully they'll get this up and running within the next year.