What show could suit us?

Lann

We (me and Mrs) are struggeling to find a good serie to watch together.

We have the obvious problem of her falling asleep after 15 minutes while I keep watching four episodes. But other than that we cant seem to find something good.

So far these have worked: Sopranos, Prison break, Sons of anarchy, and Homeland.  

On my own I have enjoyed Dexter and The walking dead, but they are too violent and unreal (zombie) to suit the Mrs.

We can do Modern family and Arrested development, but these comedies dont get one caught, its more a way to fall asleep.

Tried House of cards, but uneven episodes and very few characters to like. (Sure didnt help when he was talking about being a father as he went down on her.)

Any suggestions on a serie to try and watch?

Easy. Breaking Bad! And after that, Better Call Saul. 

Might be a bit too violent, but I have just started to watch Vikings and it's actually pretty good. Have had my doubts about it for a long time but was finally convinced. 

• Like 6

I second Breaking Bad with Banksie. It's a great show, not too violent.

What about The Shield? It's co written by the same guys as Sons of Anarchy.

• Like 2

Narcos, The Inbetweeners, The Borgias, Vikings, Orange is the New Black, Black Jesus, Game of Thrones, Spartacus Blood and Sand,

The Blacklist, Blackish, The Last Kingdom, its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Boardwalk Empire and The Magic school Bus 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

Not sure if it's available to you, but there is a lesser known Canadian sci-fi show named Orphan Black, that I would highly recommend. It's a captivating show that anyone can enjoy. Tatiana Maslany, the lead actress in the series, is absolutely incredible. Also, the fourth season is starting on April 14th.

• Like 1

I highly agree about Breaking Bad, but be forewarned, it can be quite intense and there are no doubt many things that she may find hard to watch given what you have said.  However, it is my top pick for the greatest series of all time--nothing, in my mind, compares or will ever compare to it.  It's light-years ahead of everything, and it's probably the only show that I could literally go back and watch over and over and over again.

As mentioned by Fido, I also think the Wire is a good choice.  Excellent show in every regard.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is perhaps the greatest comedy of the last two decades.  That would definitely rank very highly on my list as well.

If you're interested in another comedy, also check out Trailer Park Boys.  That's probably the second best comedy from the last two decades. :) 

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 2

Breaking Bad also, that one captivated my wife . She has the sleep problem and also the no zombies clause same as your wife.

There are very few series that we can watch together, BB was the best of them, Game of Thrones also worked and The Inbetweeners. My wife thought Orphan Black was great ( but I didn't )

oh, you will most likely have seen it, but "Welcome to Sweden" we also both enjoyed a lot

Edited by MrBump360
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If you're still loking for shows, I can only recommend House of Cards on Netflix.

Me and my girlfriend just started season 2 and it is mind-blowing. Absolutely worth watching. It is an award winning show, Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are amazing in the lead roles.

It's a political show about the rise to power of a democrat congressman.

• Like 1