Any Globe Trotters ?

Fido_le_muet

Yo yo yo !

Found this popping up on my Facebook page.

It's a checklist of 500 places in the world. It's pretty cool so I thought I'd share it.

Click the places you've been to, share your result here and we'll see who's the biggest traveler in the crew !

Personally, I've been to 25 places on that list.

http://www.listchallenges.com/lonely-planet-ultimate-travel-top-500-sights

• Like 2

Got 25 as well Fido, not sure about couple of others as well, do they count or not, like Ben Nevis. I haven't been on top of Ben Nevis, but I've stopped at the foot and seen it, same with Statue of Liberty, I haven't been on the island or on top of the monument, but I have seen it from the boat, etc ... Might have missed one or two others as well, there's so many to go through and I'm just getting my morning tea.

Almost clicked on the Griffith observatory as well, it looked familiar. :P

Edit: updated to 30 (missed a few on my first go).

Edited by zmurko

• Consigliere

61 of them. I used to do a lot of traveling in my teens, 20s and 30s. Now I'm a grumpy 40-something who doesn't like getting off the sofa to go into the city for a meal!

• Like 2

I didn't count Anne Frank's house on my list cause I didn't went inside. Only saw the exterior with the huge queue in front of it.

I've not been anywhere out side the USA and not been to nearly any note worthy places in the USA. Though I have been around a bit, most was for it was solely for paintball tournaments or business and no time for sight seeing.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

3 of which are in my own country, the others are in Scotland and England.

Who needs the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone when you have Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons.

I got 53 of them, but should be able to tick a few more off later this year.

Nice find Fido, good to walk down memory lane a bit and get some ideas for next time.

• Like 2

I've never left the North American continent, but I've been through most of the United States (46 states + The District of Columbia) and a good portion of Canada (five different provinces)--I've only seen very few of the places on this list though.

I envy you guys; I'd love to visit most of these places, as I love history, but travelling can be so expensive and I don't think I could ever get that much time off from work.  Perhaps when I retire. :)

The first place I'm going thoughis Tokyo. :D 

12 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

3 of which are in my own country, the others are in Scotland and England.

Who needs the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone when you have Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons.

Can get a lovely tan at Chernobyl, come home with a nice warm glow.

I've only done 12. Surprised to see my local church on the list though, I spent 3 months working on a project there.

• Like 2

78. Done a bit of traveling in my young days and came across a few places in the list during 'business' travels. But what strikes me is that there are a fair few places that I've visited during school trips. Must be blessed I guess.

Have visited pretty much all of the countries in Western Europe and a few in Central/Eastern Europe. Living in a midget country in the centre of Europe helps ;)  Been Down Under and spent some time in Asia as well. Never been to America or Africa though.

As for the school trips, we've done Amsterdam (e.g. Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank's house, but then without the waiting times :P ), Versailles, Canterbury, Rome or Flanders Fields. The latter is of course part of our country's heritage and just a stones throw away from where I live.

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg