Help me choose !

Fido_le_muet

Hello friends :D

I received a gift card for an activity of my choice from a long list of very cool stuff like track run (pilot or passenger), helicopter tour, plane tour, karting, and many other.

I'm having trouble picking one in particular so that's where you come in.

I love cars and racing so I'm leaning toward a track activity. But a helicopter tour sounds kinda fun as well.

I put up the poll so that you guys could easily pick your favorite activities. Please, choose 3 activities maximum.

Here's a more detailed list of what I like :

• Ultralight plane flight (20min flight)
  • Helicopter tour above the Chateau de Chenonceau (6min)
  • 1h on a Blazer in the countryside :D
  • 30min on a Speedophile :D
  • 3 laps on dirt in a Subaru Impreza (driver)
  • 10km on open road driving an Aston Martin V8 Vantage or Porsche 996 GT3
  • 10km on open road driving a Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo
  • 2 laps drifting session as a passenger in a Camaro
  • 2 laps as driver in a Ford Focus RS
  • 30min drifting session in a BMW E36 (passenger)
  • Like 1

I'd say for me the thrill of racing a car around a real track outweighs the 10km on the super. (If you're allowed to push the supers the 10km will be over pretty quick as will the racing)

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Umm, good luck choosing haha. If a track/driving activity, I'd go with one where you drive, not as a passenger. You'd probably show them up any way ?. I think driving the one of the Supercars would be an awesome experience.

Drifting would be awesome but if you're not doing it yourself it wouldn't be as exciting especially since you're a car enthusiast.

I've always wanted to go in a helicopter or light aircraft but would probably prefer to do an introductory flight instead of a scenic tour.

Make sure to get pictures and videos!

Edited by ScottyB

scottyb1988.jpg

27 minutes ago, Beez said:

I picked Subaru on a track. If you drive a Super on the road, what happens if there's a ton of traffic or you get stuck behind grandma?

Fido knows how to curb boost :P 

The super car drives we have here go on more open roads where you can let it go a bit and there isn't much traffic, obviously in the city there will be some traffic though. You're in a Ferrari, it shouldn't be a problem overtaking grandma ?

Edited by ScottyB

scottyb1988.jpg

I voted for the super.

However, a friend of mine drove a Gallardo last year in a similar thing and wasn't allowed to go past 30MPH even though the car was never even taken onto public roads.

They kept it on private land so they didn't have to insure the driver, I suspect all supercar drives will be the same for insurance purposes.

Drift session would be awesome, but as the driver.

So I actually think the Subaru will be best because you'll be able to give it full power.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your answer !

Of course I'd prefer to drive something as some of you guessed :D

The quad is out cause I can easily do that anytime.

Being a passenger is also much less interesting, although it could be pretty cool during a drift session with a good driver. Good sensations.

The supercar thing seems very attractive but like some of you said, it will definitely be limited by traffic, speed limits and could end up pretty frustrating. Is it really that different to drive an F430 or Gallardo at 50kph compared to a Ford Fiesta ? Apart from the awesome noise, I think it would end up being frustrating as well.

So I think I'm gonna go with the Impreza or the Focus RS.

I thought the Focus would have a bit more vote cause I think it's a pretty cool car. The Impreza is also very nice but I prefer road track over dirt track.

The sensations in the Subby should be pretty cool though, being sideways on the dirt must be pretty awesome. But so is driving on a track in a Focus RS.

How much can you do with only 2 laps anyway ? At least it's 3 laps with the Imrpeza :D

I'm gonna check out the tracks to help me decide but it should be one of these two activities.

Helicopter seems cool too but 6 min ? Between lift-off and landing, that leaves 3 minutes in the air :lol:

I think we need more details on each of the sessions like for the Ferrari and Lambo (where it's at, what your restrictions are, who's offering it to you, etc) and whether or not you're more of an aerial or ground enthusiast.

I've had friends flat out be given the keys to cars such as the Gallardo, the 458 and such from owners that say "have a good time here on this track but don't be dumb". If it's something like that, by all means.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

@G37: It's definitely not a 'here's the key, have a good time' thing :lol:

I've seen how these works and it's a very strict thing, must respect speed limit, don't press the pedal too hard, don't do this, don't do that... Definitely frustrating.

Even the track thing will be pretty limited as my free coupon is only for the most basic thing. I've seen videos and there are cones all over the track, can't hit the apex, can't push too hard...

But, the Focus RS gig is at le Mans, on a small annex circuit to the Big track but you do go on part of the 24h track :D:D:D Big plus right there :D

And it's only 1 hour away from where I live, while the others are a bit farter.

Focus RS is a pretty quick little machine too, despite my own personal thing of not liking Ford.

If there's tons of restrictions I'd rule those out then because that is exactly like being on a diet and only being able to smell what's cooking.

So for me I guess it'd be between the Focus and something aerial. If you're a photographer that might be a pretty cool opportunity too because being in the passenger seat isn't anything unique unless you get a totally different perspective IMO. The Impreza (WRX? STI? What?) could be pretty neat too since it's so different. Of course the ultra light plane wouldn't be conducive to photographer but sounds pretty bad ass to me.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

2 laps vs 3 laps. Remember the first lap is still figuring out where the track goes and the racing line. In either case see if you can ride along before your stint so you can be more familiar with the track.

Also borrow a GoPro and mount or even just get a mount to hold your phone to capture video. X-Grip, arm and suction cup mount from RAM is a good setup and you can use it in your own car too for GPS or whatever.

Ultralite would be my choice, go figure.

Sad part it I have 2 hanging up in one of the barns and never have got around to getting either flyable.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: