Skewed Start Points

G37

So this seems to be a reoccurring issue.

In many custom created jobs, specifically TDMs, start points are not what they're supposed to be. In fact it seems to utilize random spawns just like it would a normal death match. This got me thinking, it's been like this a while and I wonder if it has anything to do with the fix of spawn points on Cps in races (you can adjust the direction again, before it was bugged). It also has me wondering if all previously created jobs (on or before that issue perhaps) are affected. A number of jobs, mine included have been affected by this. However new ones, as far as I can tell anyway, don't seem to be.

Any thoughts? I haven't had the energy to go into the creator much the last week so I plan to tomorrow and wonder if I would need to go back and ..

re-fucking-test-every-single-fucking-TDM-I've-ever-made-and-fucking-republish it.

That seems .. unenjoyable. Is that the only fix? I haven't tried it yet. Or EVEN WORSE, having to drop the start points all over again instead of just publishing it again. Any info?

I'm not sure that this really affects captures/LTS though. Has it for anyone else?

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Can't say I have noticed G, I know I have had 2 captures that never did spawn correctly, but as as I know my DM's seem to work

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Can't say I have noticed G, I know I have had 2 captures that never did spawn correctly, but as as I know my DM's seem to work

Odd, I know that at least 2 of my TDMs have been fucked up that I've played with people over the last week.

One was just the other night. Sigh.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I don't make those jobs, but I've played a few TDM's lately with start points scattered around the map.

One was in a PL a few nights ago in Paleto Bay.

Your DM at the graveyard had F'd up start points, Hatch.

There's been several jobs like that over the last few weeks, but I haven't taken notice if they're always the same jobs or they're just randomly affected.

I've noticed as well, G. Im not sure about the specifics related to the jobs it happens to, or if there is a pattern. But I will pay attention to it from now on. As for the work you need to put into the Creator to fix your jobs? I think you need to get to work, Bitch!

Dodgeservice.png

The CP respawning issue in races has been fixed for quite sometime from what I can tell. I think this is a separate issue; it happened during my one and only TDM creation the other night, and that map is about two or three months old.

I'm not sure if this holds for LTS and captures, as the ones I've played recently seemed fine.

It is highly annoying, but in my opinion, it's not really a death sentence for a map. Although, if this is the case with captures and LTS, that is a different matter entirely.

They always break something. :(

Edited by LN-MLB

As far as I can tell, the majority of TDMs are fucked. All the ones we played last night were.

Even the brand new one I made last night .. spawn points ALL FUCKING OVER.

It bothers me because those points are generally carefully selected and throwing that into chaos really toys with the pacing someone like me has in mind when they make these kind of things. Paleto Crossfire, another one of mine which is linear in gameplay is the type of set up that is affected the most with this kind of shit. Should be a battle from either side meeting at the middle, getting pushed back and doing it all over again. Kinda difficult when 50% of the map wasn't able to be used due to that. Hard to bounce back from rocky starts and sort of sucks the enjoyment out of them.

Some like Strikers and Scabs that we played last night were also fucked according to Dodge but it at least divided the teams correctly on either side. All of mine begin as if they were regular deathmatches by using regular spawns for the start points.

I'm not sure if this affects PS3 created jobs because the few I have played, mine included were not affected.

Oh well, another thing for them to fix.