Rockstar North Boss Leslie Benzies Is Out After Nearly Two Decades

DavidCore89

What does this mean for GTA and possibly a future RDR release?

As Frag said, North don't make RDR.

However they did make 7 GTA titles and Manhunt with Benzies as lead developer.

I don't think it'd have a negative impact because (like Benzies) the lead developers are from the days of DMA Design (now R* North), so hopefully R* keep the same aim of the GTA titles.

It is my understand the guy was on hiatus the past 18 months anyway.  Would not expect much to change.

Well, he could have been on hiatus which was only scheduled for 1 month, but then decided to use up all of his time earned while at the company, lots of people do this.

It's no doubt a stressful environment to work as lead developer on some huge games for R*, I'd have taken time off as soon as GTAV was out on PS4/XB1 too.

But I agree, I don't think much will change as the GTA titles were the work of whole team, not one guy.

• Like 2

Nothing will change.  We all know we're not getting another GTA title for quite a few years anyway.  A few weeks ago, I saw a post on Facebook showing the leaked pictures of that Agent game from Rockstar.  It kind of went to the wayside and was suppose to be released on PS3.  It looked fairly interesting.  That's probably the next Rockstar game we will get.  RDR2 hasn't even really been spoken of, but hope we do get it at some point.  Pretty much any Rockstar game will get my money because I like the way they are put together and they are fun.  So if it's Agent or RDR2, I'm spending my $50-$60 upon release.