Food is good for the soul-Recipes to share

TECHFL227

Got a couple :) but will have to post the other later as I don't have a photo haha

Chicken and Broccoli Bake (serves 2)

1 Broccoli

2 chicken breasts

Pasta

1.5 tbsp curry powder (or to taste)

2 tbsp mayonnaise

1 can of cream of chicken soup

grated cheddar cheese

1. Start to boil the pasta (enough for a portion for a normal meal I normally do 2 handfuls per person)
  2. Cut the Chicken into 1 inch cubes and add to a oven proof dish 
  3. Prepare the broccoli and again add to the oven proof dish 
  4. Prepare the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, chicken soup and curry powder
  5. Add the pasta after it is cooked to the oven proof dish 
  6. Add the sauce and stir the ingredients together (little tip try to get the sauce in among the bush of the broccoli to prevent them burning)
  7. Grate cheese on top and place in the preheated oven (200 degrees) for 45 minutes after it should come out something like this 

2016%2B-%2B1

Edited by adsyfindlay
  • Like 3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TECHFL227

• adsyfindlay

• zztop911

• Xyon14

21 minutes ago, TECHFL227 said:

Lol, We didn't use to eat like this. It is actually really good. I'm trying to think of something good and healthy to bring to your house :)

I'd eat everything you posted!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

45 minutes ago, TECHFL227 said:

Lol, We didn't use to eat like this. It is actually really good. I'm trying to think of something good and healthy to bring to your house :)

If it helps any Rose and the boys will eat anything (the girls won't be here and the boys will anything and love everything). 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What me and my Girlfriend call porky tofu (I honestly can't remember what it is actually called haha)

Porky Tofu (Serves 1 going to do it like this from now on :))

Rice

sesame oil

Ginger (garlic can also work)

white pepper

Pork steak (minced pork but you miss the most fun part this way ;))

firm tofu about 1.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches

light soy sauce

Dark Soy sauce

water

1. Start the rice as this takes the longest
  2. (The most fun part :P) chop the pork heavily with either a chopper or a heavy knife your aiming for a mince and set this to the side
  3. after about 15 minutes heat the sesame oil in a wok or deep pan
  4. add the ginger (about 1 table spoon finely chopped)
  5. add the pork mince and stir thoroughly
  6. after it has cooked for a small amount of time add half a table spoon of dark soy sauce and stir
  7. add 2-3 table spoons light soy sauce (make sure to taste as you add as the dish can get very salty if you add too much
  8. add water so it just covers the pork and a spricle of white pepper (again taste as you add)
  9. then prepare the tofu into approximate 0.5x0.5x1 inch blocks and add gently
  10. allow to boil until the tofu has cooked and the juice has evaporated to taste and it should look a little like this :)

2016%2B-%2B1

Edited by adsyfindlay
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TECHFL227 said:

@adsyfindlay I have never had Tofu so this one is a must try as well. I will try almost anything at least once.

It is nice but just be careful about the tofu you get your best to get it from a chinese/korean shop as the supermarket brands are iffy and put my parents off it an almost me :) 

If you don't like you can replace it with potato but it will take longer (can taste better my Dad loves this)

Edited by adsyfindlay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, adsyfindlay said:

It is nice but just be careful about the tofu you get your best to get it from a chinese/korean shop as the supermarket brands are iffy and put my parents off it an almost me :)

Thanks for the tip. I heard that it really holds the flavor of what you cook it in and is almost like a sponge. Is that true?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TECHFL227 said:

Thanks for the tip. I heard that it really holds the flavor of what you cook it in and is almost like a sponge. Is that true?

Yeah :) if you like it try putting it in broth (providing it fits) it works wonders :)

Chicken and Chorizo

Chicken thighs (I prefer de-boned)

1 Chorizo sausage

half an onion

half a green pepper

new potatoes (I use normal potatoes and cut them to 1 inch blocks with the skins on)

oregano

orange juice

1. cut the half onion in half and slice across the cut 
  2. do the same to the green pepper
  3. Cut the chorizo vertically in half and slice this as well
  4. Cut the new potatoes vertically in half
  5. add both to the onion, pepper chicken and the chorizo to the oven proof dish
  6. add a splash of oil (olive oil works best) and a pinch of salt and peppar plus a generous sprinkling of oregano and a splash of orange juice
  7. place in a preheated oven (200 degrees) for 45 minutes after that it should look a little something like this :)

2016%2B-%2B1

Edited by adsyfindlay
Adding picture
  • Like 3

This is a recipe of a different kind but definitely good for the soul. I had dinner at Longfellow's Wayside Inn, the oldest operating inn in the USA (1716), and right in my neighborhood. I ordered a beer drink called Meeting House Punch and it was delicious! Got home and tried to find a recipe but all I found were recipes for making punch bowl or larger sized portions. So I got the main ingredients and started experimenting. This is what I came up with for a single serving.

Meeting House Punch

Rum - 1 finger at the bottom of a pint glass, little more, little less. A dark sweet rum is probably more traditional but lighter rums work fine too.

12 oz. beer - pale ale, brown ale, red ale or maybe even pilsner. Nothing too hoppy like an IPA or too dark like a stout or porter.

1 tbsp. brown suger

splash of lime juice or lemon juice.

I put the rum in, then half the beer then the brown sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar. Then the rest of the beer and the juice. What you get is a beer that is a little sweet and very easy to drink but also very potent so watch out! 

3 hours ago, adsyfindlay said:

Chicken and Chorizo

Chicken thighs (I prefer de-boned)

1 Chorizo sausage

half an onion

1 green pepper

new potatoes (I use normal potatoes and cut them to 1 inch blocks with the skins on)

oregano

orange juice

1. cut the half onion in half and slice across the cut 
  2. do the same to the green pepper
  3. Cut the chorizo vertically in half and slice this as well
  4. Cut the new potatoes vertically in half
  5. add both to the onion, pepper chicken and the chorizo to the oven proof dish
  6. add a splash of oil (olive oil works best) and a pinch of salt and peppar plus a generous sprinkling of oregano and a splash of orange juice
  7. place in a preheated oven (200 degrees) for 45 minutes (Picture to come making this tonight ;))

I've made a variant of this and you can really hurt yourself! LOL!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

24 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

I've made a variant of this and you can really hurt yourself! LOL!

Hahaha how spicy was your chorizo? :P

Edited by adsyfindlay
500th post :D
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, adsyfindlay said:

Hahaha how spicy was your chorizo? :P

Hell no! I ATE waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!

I add habanero peppers to my Texas Red Chili!

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Just now, Sinister said:

Tofu? You guys stop it. I have to eat enough healthy food as it is ;)

Green eggs and ham ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, adsyfindlay said:

Green eggs and spam ;)

Corrected for the Limeys and Hawaiians!: CRAZY :

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I love spicy. I will make it. Tonight we are having some buffalo chicken stuffed peppers :) I will post recipe after dinner and I have pics.

Our lunch today: SLOBBER :

Chicken wrapped in parma ham

Chicken breast(s)

Philadelphia cream cheese (or any other brand you like)

Red pesto - I used the sundried tomato one

Parma ham

1. Slice the chicken breast nearly in half, not all the way through so you can close it again

2. Mix the cream cheese and pesto together 

3. Stuff the chicken with the cheese and pesto mixture

4. Wrap the ham around the stuffed chicken breasts

5. Wrap in foil and cook for 20 mins, remove the foil and cook for another 10 mins to crisp the ham

6. Serve and enjoy!

38Seh68.jpg

I see we're not big on salads here so serve with a side of your choosing :D

hVH2xQU.jpg

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 13