Random things to do in freeroam

Elysianova

Found this and thought it was a cool idea though I don't know if I could take two hours of constant driving XD A large convoy looks epic.

http://kotaku.com/the-gta-players-that-push-cars-to-their-limit-1696032189

What do you like doing in freeroam that isn't coded as an event? I like jumping between city rooftops, if I fail the faceplants are hilarious and if I make it it's an achievement xD

• Like 5

Does having an entire lobby attack the military base count?

I had the idea before I even started gta online back in March, 2014. My view was different back then with a group of players raiding the base with personal vehicles, a few players in aircrafts providing air support, some tanks, and my favourite- 1 or 2 players shooting from inside the cargobob (going inside the cargobob has been blocked since the high life update).

Looking back it seemed impossible since what I said can't accomindate that amount in a 16 player lobby (last gen).

• Like 3

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Sounds like a fun idea!  The route can always be condenced down.  Two hours does seem like a long time. 

However I'm sure time would fly by with this crew.

My favorite part of freeroam still is getting together with friends and crew mates and causing havoc and chaos amongst other online players.

Nothing better than working together to take over a lobby!

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 3

I think the bounty train is great.  Just setting bounties on each other and then defending against randoms is very fun. 

Playlists are fun, but I don't get as much pleasure out of killing my crewmates in TDM's as I do having their back and killing a random trying to take them down.

• Like 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Whenever I find myself in a public lobby and nothing is going on, I'll hunt down a couple of bounties before signing out or joining a job.

• Like 1

I usually just drive around. I'll get a vehicle I don't use much or the monster truck and just drive wherever I feel like which is usually off-road and seeing what the vehicle can do. It would be awesome to get lots of us and do it.

I've also seen people racing around the city on bikes, like a follow the leader thing which Would be cool if there were a few of us.

It's also a lot of fun to get a bounty and get people to try and chase you down :)

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

I tend to drift around alot/jump building and rooftops with my sanchez and explore ways to get onto them. But i have a wide variation when it comes to free mode fun

• Like 2

When it comes to free roam, I just prefer to explore and take pictures.  I can switch up and join a public server for a little unscripted chaos, but no more than an hour is about my limit with randoms.

I get bored pretty easily in free roam, but kind of like Scotty, I just drive around mostly.

• Like 1

I usually just drive around. I'll get a vehicle I don't use much or the monster truck and just drive wherever I feel like which is usually off-road and seeing what the vehicle can do. It would be awesome to get lots of us and do it.

I've also seen people racing around the city on bikes, like a follow the leader thing which Would be cool if there were a few of us.

It's also a lot of fun to get a bounty and get people to try and chase you down :)

I really like the follow the leader on bikes idea.  I can see that being great fun with 15 to 20 crew members.

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

Honestly, I like to grief low rankers. Most of them are children and listening to them go off on the mic is a hoot.

Other than that I just drive around and do whatever events pop up. They are easy to win and some of them pay out nicely for 5 minutes of work.

• Like 2

My two go-to freemode shenanigans are: blocking off roadways to build up traffic then lobbing a grenade into the pile of cars, also running over pedestrians and trying to land them in my Picador's truck bed.

One idea I just thought of is a game of tag using vehicles. That used to be my favourite thing to do in the ATV Offroad Fury games. Maybe do it at the airport so there are set boundaries. No tag-backs.

• Like 2

I get bored with no other crew members when in Freeroam real fast... I usually sell a car and maybe drive around a bit, then either a mission or a race or logout. Would be fun to do more with the crew besides the playlists.

• Like 5

That looks awesome, I would love to do that. Off roading and blasting around on my sanchez/enduro is my favourite thing to do in freedom. :)

• Like 1

Found this and thought it was a cool idea though I don't know if I could take two hours of constant driving XD A large convoy looks epic.

http://kotaku.com/the-gta-players-that-push-cars-to-their-limit-1696032189

What do you like doing in freeroam that isn't coded as an event? I like jumping between city rooftops, if I fail the faceplants are hilarious and if I make it it's an achievement xD

I read that story a while ago and thought it would be a fun pre-playlist event. I even researched their route on reddit but didn't find anything useful.

I guess I'd have to figure out my own. I think if we did something like that it would make sense to remove all armor from vehicles.

• Like 1

I read that story a while ago and thought it would be a fun pre-playlist event. I even researched their route on reddit but didn't find anything useful.

I guess I'd have to figure out my own. I think if we did something like that it would make sense to remove all armor from vehicles.

For sure, heck for the ultimate challenge make it mandatory stock car that you stole off the road xD

• Like 1