Sony 10029 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Issues PS4

Does anyone have this headset? If so, have you run into any issues keeping it paired with your PS4? I swear every time I turn the headset off for a extending period of time it becomes unpaired from my system. Does anyone know how to fix this?

As of right now I can't get my PS4 to even find it at the moment.

I've had this headset going on two years, and haven't experienced this or any other major issues. The extent is that I will very rarely have to restart it so that others can hear me, but it's pretty uncommon.

I'm no expert, but maybe the USB dongle is defective.

I believe the battery is dead again. Seems like I am always charging the thing. How long does your battery normally last? If you forget to turn it off does it auto-shut off? I do have the one that is blue with the integrated mic.

Edited by D-Rocks09

I believe the battery is dead again. Seems like I am always charging the thing. How long does your battery normally last? If you forget to turn it off does it auto-shut off? I do have the one that is blue with the integrated mic.

I think the only time the battery full on died was while playing the Anniversary PL last year. That was about 7ish hours, I believe. I habitually charge mine all the time though--even when I step away for a few minutes and I never leave it turned out. As long as I'm not using full volume, I'd guess it to last a bit over five or so hours at a time.

Edited by LN-MLB

Low battery will cause this.

Regarding battery life, 8 hours is the claimed life by Sony, but it'll never reach that with volume maxed and virtual surround sound (VSS) on.

Try using the headset companion app for the PS4, depending on the headset you can monitor battery levels and add/remove sound presets, but of course more powerful presets will reduce battery life.