The Positivity Thread

Jaggy

We all have days (weeks, months, years) where it feels like nothing is going right and the world is against you.  Instead of dwelling on those days, let's use this thread to share our positive experiences of the day/week/month.  You can share something good that happened during your day, pay it forward, pass along a compliment or words of encouragement, etc.  Share anything that made you happy or made your day better.  You can also read through this thread if you're having a bad day and want to rid yourself of the negative energy around you.

We all go through rough patches in our lives.  Let's work together to lift each other's spirits.

Only one rule:  No posting negative thoughts, feelings, vibes, etc., in this thread.

I'll start.

Today, my barista at Starbucks drew a happy face on my cup.  It made me smile.

• Like 7

My in laws have been visiting us since the first week of Dec. Yesterday they finally packed up their belongings and left. Will finally be able to use the PS4 in the living room that is hooked to the good TV :)

• Like 6

I was able to sleep in today (got up t 8:30 instead of 6:00)

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Must be a sleeping in day.  Both of my kids slept in too.  It was a really nice change from the 6-6:30am wake ups during the weekends.

On the other side of it, instead of sleeping until whenever, I woke up feeling happy and refreshed at 5am on a Monday and now have the whole day to get things done :)

I've never really been one to take or give compliments but lately I've been giving more compliments (when deserved :P) and sincerely saying thank you instead of just being polite (even though I do mean it but it's usually just a passing comment).

If you haven't seen their videos, you should check out SoFlo on Facebook. Brings a tear to my eye for most of the videos. Being compassionate and helping out those in need (or just having a bad day) is something that we all need to try and do more often and will make this world a much better place. Even small acts of kindness can have a massive impact on a persons day :)

Edit: I've mostly been getting the "hero" videos from SoFlo which are the ones I was referring too, not all the other funny stuff :)

Edited by ScottyB
  • Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

I'd like to give you a "thank you", Scotty, for posting inspirational messages.  I think some of us forget that we're all human and all have our fair share of bad days.

While scrolling through SoFlo's wall, there are a few videos I've seen.  Some look like they have some possible triggers for me from past experiences, so will not watch those.  However, I'll go through and watch a few of them.

• Like 1

I wore a figure hugging full length dress on NYE. I got many compliments on my cute ass! Men checking it out not realising I was a bloke.

• Like 6

Spent the day with the kids for their last day before going back from Christmas break. They wanted a drink from Starbucks (Braeden loves the Mocha Frappucino without coffee while Clarissa enjoys their berry refreshers). I ordered all of our drinks and my son who is 12 decided he wanted to pay for it. It makes me happy to see him wanting to be generous to others. Everywhere we stopped today he would open all of our car doors when it was time to get back in. He is turning in to such an awesome little man. 

• Like 5

Wow, I was looking for a crew to have fun with on a video game but it seems I'm getting more than that!

I've been unemployed since September and it's really taking a toll on my self esteem. Not to mention my family and marriage.

On that note, joining this crew has probably been the best thing for me lately. I hope it works out here as I am very happy with what I'm experiencing so far.

God bless.

• Like 6

The sun is shining after two days of rainy weather.  The rainy weather was good too, because I live in a drought stricken area.  Also, on my third night of 8+ hours of sleep this week.  Feels fantastic getting much needed sleep.

• Like 1

Within six hours our cat went from seemingly doing just fine to being buried under our cherry tree with snow falling on the grave. The way my oldest daughter handled this, having her favorite cat put to sleep in her lap, made me very proud of her.

• Like 2

At a food place fuelling for a night of drinking. My chips were a bit soggy. Not impressive. As I'm suited and booted tonight the management brought free beer over. If I was dressed in my usual attire the management wouldn't have blinked twice.

Never underestimate the power of a suit!

• Like 3

Me too...

I don't mind sharing with people I hope a bunch of us hit would be happy with few million

Well no luck for me won 12 dollars split with 18 people lol

Edited by truelife98