How much per hour has GTA cost you?

Squirrel

I've just bought Fallout 4 for less than 30 English pounds, I put around 600 hours into skyrim so on that basis I worked out that it will cost me around 5 pence for every hour of game time. A bargain I think. 

I've just decided to use the same formula to work out cost per hour on GTA. 

So far accounting for the cost of the game divided by hours played it has so far cost me just over 6 pence per hour. I've not bought any shark cards but I have bought the game twice for the different consoles.

How does your game cost per hour work out?

I'm not sure what the time spent in-game on Rockstar Social club actually refers to because it has about 1 day for PS4 and 1 1/2 for PS3. Given I have been playing on PS3 at least 1 1/2 years and on PS4 only a couple of months, something seems wrong there. Also I don't remember how much it cost for the games on PS3 and for the PS4 GTAV came in the bundle. So I'm saying £100 for the two versions of the game (?).

That works out at £1.60 per hour. That can't be right.

Game for PS3 disc: 500 SEK

Game for PS3 digtal: 500 SEK

Game for PS4 digital: 500 SEK

1 500 SEK = 160 EURO or 179 USD

2 052 hours in Los Santos (or 12,2 weeks)

0,08 Euro per hour

or

0,085 USD per hour

I've bought the game 5 times on both PlayStation consoles and that cost me around £180.

Time spent in GTA Online: 148d 13h 7m 43s (over 3300 hours).

Around £1.20 per hour.

Edited by DavidCore89

I've bought the game 5 times on both PlayStation consoles and that cost me around £180.

Time spent in GTA Online: 148d 13h 7m 43s

Around £1.20 per hour.

Your maths is off DC. Divide the cost by number of hours. 148 days etc works out at 3,610 hours. 180/3610 is just under 5p per hour. You've said before that you've bought shark cards? I bet even factoring in those you'll still be under 10p an hour

I've worked out what was wrong with my numbers. It ws just the days in-game played as a specific story mode character, Micheal I think.

So re-calculating it I get 5 1/2 p per hour.

LOL, Rose about stroked when I totaled some shit up

Mine is about $4.43 per hour

This is figuring in game cost X2, PS4 (cuz GTA is the only reason I bought it), shark cards (about $600 worth), crew website, and the internet bill (90% of our data usage is my gaming).

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

With only the purchase of the PS3 and PS4 games and the time spent in GTAO, I end up at 0.09 EUR/hour

If I add the purchase of both consoles, then it's about 1 EUR/hour

No shark cards. Internet and headphones are not included because not limited to the game.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

so i have owned this when it was released on xbox 360 for 70 euro, Ps3 2nd hand for 40 euro, then a digital copy on ps3 for a further 50 euro and now lastly on ps4 digital for 40 euro

i spent 200 quid on one game....without any in-app purchases....i feel kinda sick, gonnna lie down for a mintue xD

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

I paid 70 euro for the PS3 version when it was first released and I paid 25 euros for the xbox 360 version this christmas for my son :)

I've never paid for shark cards etc though so 95 euros for both, But considering the time spent playing the game, I'd say I've had my

monies worth from it.