Nintendo NX

JustHatched

Something new from Nintendo is on the horizon http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/nintendo-nx-release-date-news-and-rumors-1289401

I think this one just based on Nintendo's history will be a great machine, the WiiU bombed for sales but it was probably a solid machine (never owned one). And while I doubt I will invest in an NX I don't Sony or Microsoft is any competition for young kid gaming.

What's your thoughts on the NX or Nintendo in general?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I love Nintendo.  We skipped on getting a Wii U even though my daughter really wanted one.  Mario games are my all-time favorite.  It would be nice to see this Nintendo NX go the route of Playstation and Xbox.  Otherwise, the Nintendo consoles will always get overlooked from me.  We have a Nintendo 3DS and I use that for all of my Mario gaming these days.  You can get the same games on the handheld systems as you can the actual consoles for the most part.  So why pay another $250 and drop $50-$60 per game for the same stuff?  Makes no sense.  So, yeah... if this console can be anything like what we have today, then sure, I might get it.

Nintendo is a company I used to admire a lot. Over the last 10 or so years, not so much.

It's really LESS about the hardware and MORE about the software to me. You can have as many cool features as you want but it's ultimately the titles that will help move your product. Because after all, this is still a gaming console and not some "multi media" device. It also looks BULKY as hell.

Don't get me wrong. I love Zelda. I love Mario. I love Metroid. But Jesus Christ how many variations and spin-offs can you REALLY make for these things? I know the story to these games inside and out and a slightly different take on it isn't gonna keep me interested. IMO they cling too tightly to some core titles and that's like living with ghosts. I think they suffer from great ideas with poor execution. They remind me a lot of Honda/Acura .. no real direction. They need to expand their audience and revamp their IPs. The last thing anyone wants is another Wii U and I can see this turning out the same way if they don't stick to their guns and have ambitious goals with proper execution and a real plan to get there.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I was a big nintendo fanboy too but ever since the wii Ive stayed away even though i secretly hope they will finally go back to the old glory days of being the cutting edge company they used to be.

The wiiu was an even bigger dissapointment. To be honest i think nintendo has fallen way too far back, theyve lost alot of support from 3rd party developers and solely survive on their ip's which at this point hangs on nostalgia.

Even if the next system is high tech and can compete with these next gen consoles, they are on a different cycle, releasing consoles about a year or two earlier than sony or microsoft so i think that if this console isnt the comeback they hope for, they should seriously consider getting out of the hardware business and stick to creating games which i think they would still make a ton of money from. Can you imagine how many units and how much more incredible their games would be if they didnt have to worry about hardware?

Ive heard some interesting rumors though...the most exciting is a phone/tablet that will have all the things most smartphones have as well as the full capabilities of their handhelds like the DS.

I dont ever see Nintendo ever disappearing, at this point theyve cemented themselves in the gaming community and to me they are as iconic as coca cola and mcdonalds but i really hope they still have one last trick up their sleeves.

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Nintendo have all the potential in the world with the game rights and licences that they own... Lets hope they don't deliver another cheesy handheld aimed at 9 year-old kids.

I'd love to see them make a console.

Edited by DavidCore89