Gauntlet Slayer Edition (PS4)

DavidCore89

Anyone here playing this game?.. It's quite addictive!

This top-down hack and slash dungeon video game is free for PS+ subscribers in December.

Anyway, I'm looking for at least one other player with a decent character to help beat the last boss level on hard mode (I have a fully upgraded Warrior), I also wanna pass floor 50 on Endless mode (I have the portal to floor 19 available).

I'm tired of randoms joining me with the intention of taking the gold without killing many people or buying skull coins or potions, this means I'm carrying dead weight.

The 2 trophies available for completing these are probably the toughest to get in the game.

Reply here or send a message on PSN.

Thanks!

Edited by DavidCore89

I tried the game and enjoyed it as well, but I only played for a bit DC, I'd be more than happy to help you but in no way my character is the required level :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Cool, glad you liked it!

Yeah, the boss on hard level requires good weapons and relics, I nearly did it yesterday with 3 randoms but they bailed after 2 attempts  :(

Reaching floor 50 on Endless mode is also tough, I've got to floor 31 about 7 times, solo and with 3 randoms.

BeezWife and I play it but we play on Easy mode and she won't play with others.

We had an amusing conversation about it where her stance was, "I'll never play online with people I don't know."

I said, "Never? Never, ever?" :huh:  I explained that my first several online multiplayer experiences were not that fun and I was skeptical.

It wasn't until I found a good group of people to play with (XDBX) that I fully embraced it and now I can't imagine not playing with real people.

She gets creeped out hearing randoms, kids and music through someone's mic coming into our house. I get that, it's like an invasion of privacy sort of.

I don't like that either. Thus I use the headset when online. I ended with, "Never is a long time, maybe a game will come along and will convince you otherwise, don't be so close minded."

OT, these couch co-op button mashing dungeon games are what we like to play together. We do a level or two a night on Gauntlet until she gets frustrated. She also likes platformers and Ratchet & Clank.

I didn't realize a new version of Gauntlet was out... I loved that game years ago and will check this out. Sorry I won't be able to help you out DC.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Cool, I haven't played for a week or so because I couldn't get those trophies.

Leveling up is quite a grind, playing through campaign on local mode is best for getting a lot of coins to buy upgrades.

Edited by DavidCore89

I gave it a run earlier, fun game stays pretty true to its source, i only did one run on normal and got to 12 i think.

is it good online? don't think i've played a dungeon crawler online since the diablo II lan days!

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

I gave it a run earlier, fun game stays pretty true to its source, i only did one run on normal and got to 12 i think.

is it good online? don't think i've played a dungeon crawler online since the diablo II lan days!

The levels are much easier to pass online with 4 players, but many of the randoms collect all of the coins and often sit on 15,000+ instead of buying a few extra lives or potions to help get a little further into the game.

Edited by DavidCore89

I tried this game yesterday, it is pretty cool!! I chose the warrior and started the campaign on easy just to get to know the basics of the game without having to worry about dying or getting mad at the game ahah! I'll play more today.

• Like 1

Lol it's a very addictive game, I've put in a lot of hours so far and nearly completed the warrior masteries.

Edited by DavidCore89