PS4 and Wifi

Pen0sIRE

hello,

just wondering if anyone else has been using wifi on their ps4 as oppose to wired? I am having issues downloading atm and im not sure if i have to open ports or change settings on my router to get my normal download speeds?

i havn't had much of an issue playing games online but downloading updates has been very slow, i have 4gb/18gb of a destiny download since yesterday.

any advice appreciated and if i find what the issue is from my googling ill post it up here too!

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Nobody will ever get their normal download speeds through a PS4, hard wired or not, it's being constantly throttled.

I'd suggest running a hard wire to the PS4 because WiFi is considerably slower and rarely allows the PS4 to connect to anything but NAt type 3 (strict).

Nobody will ever get their normal download speeds through a PS4, hard wired or not, it's being constantly throttled.

I'd suggest running a hard wire to the PS4 because WiFi is considerably slower and rarely allows the PS4 to connect to anything but NAt type 3 (strict).

do you think even a powerline adaptor would help? i never had issues downlaoding with the ps3 and like i said playing that loadout game online has been really clear as well

EDIT : this might actually be an issue with destiny spefically, the fallout 4 update took 2 mins for 500mb

Edited by Pen0sIRE

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

When setting up your internet connection change MTU to 1473.Default is 1500.I had really slow downloads too.

Another thing you could try is to pause and then resume the download.

I've noticed a difference in speed between our hardwired console and WiFi setup one, but at least with the current router/modem combo unit we have it's not a big enough issue to go through the hassle of trying to run a cable through walls to get it upstairs. I would recommend hard wiring if you can do so without much trouble.