Raid Weapon Tips

JustHatched

Not everyone in XDBX has beaten the Kings Fall raid, here is some tips for weapons to work on to make the run for KF a bit easier for your whole fireteam

If you have not beaten normal mode KF then you need to have a good Scout Rifle or Pulse Rifle (the raid Pulse Rifle is pretty good should it drop for you), the Black Spindle sniper or the 1000 Yard Stare sniper (the one bought from the Vangaurd Quartermaster, not the one that drops in stikes, they are different). And a high impact Machine Gun (Thunderlord is a great gun, but you should not focus on it as the Black Spindle is also an Exotic and much more valuable. If the raid Machine Gun drops for you this is the one to use).

If you have beaten the raid and want to run hard mode then you 100% need to acquire the Touch of Malice scout rifle. It's a bit of work to get it but well worth it due to the damage it does. Here is a guide to getting it http://www.primagames.com/games/destiny/walkthrough/destiny-taken-king-how-get-touch-malice and here you can find which fragments you still need to find and where to find them http://destinyghosthunter.net/

Not having the ToM will hurt your hard mode fireteam.

Since the ToM is an exotic then that leaves your Black Spindle sniper and Thunderlord machine gun on the shelf, this is why putting everything into the Lord is a waste IMO. 1000 Yard Stare sniper isn't the highest impact sniper, but if fired well it will give you 5 shots between reloads (the strike 1000 yard only gives 4 which is why you need to buy it).

I do like to use a shotgun during the beginning relic run phase just to help clear adds along with my Pulse Rifle, and Pulse Rifle/Black Spindle during the Totems phase as it seems to work for me, but after Totems it is all ToM, 1000 Yard Stare and raid Machine Gun.

For the other raids that aren't run anymore since they do not drop anything good

Vault of Glass - Scout Rifle, Sniper/Shotgun (depending on what part of the raid you are on) and a Machine Gun

Crota's End - Scout Rifle, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher

Feel free to dispute anything I have said..

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

No argument from me.  I actually like using my Raze-Lighter for the first two parts of the Raid in hard mode for the same reason you use a shotgun.  It puts beasties down fast.  :)  Aside from that; spot-on suggestions.

pr0fane0ne.jpg