Deathproof LTS

ErnYoung

Deathproof LTS

2_0.jpg

Two teams in one pen with deathproof cars and lethal weapons. What could possibly happen?

Players: 2-30

Teams 2

Victory: 2 Rounds

Weapons: Fixed and Pickups

Fixed Weapons: Minigun

Pickup Weapons: Minigun

Vehicles: Armored Karuma

RS Link: http://rsg.ms/bce4b48

Head to head with miniguns and armored karumas. Karumas can take about 1000 rounds from a minigun. The problem with miniguns is that they slow you down, have no aim assist, start with only 200 rounds and you have to get out of the relative safety of your armored car to fire them or pick up ammo. Did I mention that miniguns slow you down? Good luck!

Edited by ErnYoung
  • Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Played this with 9-10 people on the Monday night playlist. It's best played as a 1 round LTS. The Karumas seem invincible and getting out of it is suicide so this could turn into a demolition derby with indestructible cars. Maybe the cars need to be weaker or the weapons stronger or props added to protect you when you're on foot. Some ideas are a few containers you could climb on or a row of tire barriers/Jersey barriers several feet from the arena walls where you could move on foot and not get run over. Or sticky bombs as starting weapon and mini gun as pickups only for a limited supply of sticky bombs to use wisely. Another idea was rocket launchers however that means you can move at normal speed.

Just ideas. Maybe try to get it in the Friday or Saturday night playlist so it can be tested with even more people?

• Like 1

I have a few ideas on how to make surviving on foot a little easier, but I want to be sure it is needed first due to fear of overpowering the use of the minigun.

more feed back, more feedback, more feedback

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

I really like this concept, but it did turn into something of a demo derby the other night when we played it.  It's still a lot of fun, and I'm not sure what can be done to balance the Kuruma / Minigun scenario, but I think explosives might be a bit too much.  If I'm not mistaken, the Kuruma can be taken out with one grenade, sticky bomb, or proxy, so I'm not sure--maybe some Molotov pickups to increase the likelihood of more damage on that end.

Like I said though, it's still a great LTS and I'd definitely like to play it again.  Good job, Ern!

Have you considered using a shotgun or auto-shotty? Auto Shotty is quite good against a Kuruma, I know auto aim may be an issue but may balance things out.

Also it's worth posting new jobs in the Works In Progress section of the forum, they will always get played by in the weekly Trial and Error playlist so good feedback will always be gained.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do a thing to it Ern. Very fun! Auto shotgun would be over powering. I've never used a Molotov against a Karumas so I have no input.

If you feel you need to do something, Maybe a cross made of containers in the center would throw an interesting mix into this.

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I made some small changes to this... added a few barriers and reduced to 1 round.