Writing Comments on Facebook

CandyRotten

Jaggy, my girlfriend just went through something similar about a month or two back. She lost two of her closes friends. I guess they were not as close as she thought. It really upset her. One of them had just broke up with her boyfriend and had nowhere to go. So she was going to come and stay with us until she got on her feet. Needless to say that never happened after my girlfriend saw all the things she said about her. 

David, yeah I never understood it either. Why do people post their entire life all over social media? And the sad part is, some of it is really bad. Things I would never want my friends or family to see. Like the woman who dress like whores and post pic of them passed out at a party. The bad ones are the woman who are in and out of relationships posting how they love someone and then the next week posting how their heart is broken. When your kids grow up and look you up on social media they are going to know how much of a whore you are because you dated a new guy every week. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• Jaggy

• ScottyB

• CandyRotten

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people on a Message Board say they do not use Social Media when a message board is one of the original versions of it.

Facebook much like anything else is what you make of it. I stay away from the drama and lunacy. My friend list is small, mainly family members, folks I served with, etc. I admin a page and post regularly on a couple others. They are basically drama free which is why I use them.

• Like 2

I love when people on a Message Board say they do not use Social Media when a message board is one of the original versions of it.

Facebook much like anything else is what you make of it. I stay away from the drama and lunacy. My friend list is small, mainly family members, folks I served with, etc. I admin a page and post regularly on a couple others. They are basically drama free which is why I use them.

I understand where you're coming from, and my hatred of social media may seem contradicting given that I post and engage here quite often, but I do see the two varieties as separate to some degree.

For example, to me, this website and forum is built around a common interest (GTA, gaming) and flows a bit differently than Facebook or Twitter.  If this were just a free for all place to talk about anything and everything, I doubt I would have signed up at all.  There is also a heavy sense of privacy involved.

Sites such as Facebook and Twitter are sort of a different realm--this is where people come out of the wood works from your past and all of a sudden want to know your business and love to tell you their own.  Privacy is completely disregarded in most cases, and I personally do not care to reconnect or be tracked down easily by certain people I knew in the past.  In addition, many people use it in a very narcissistic way, and I don't much care for that either.

I do agree that it is what you make of it, but I just prefer to steer clear completely of certain sites and online communities.

I don't blame you at all. I joined FB back in 08 when MySpace was dying. That is all I need though. I will never join Twitter or any of that other stuff. Twitter is the biggest "HEY LOOK AT ME" tool there is. Everything involves tweeting and other nonsense. Hell, they want people to tweet about a TV show......while they are watching it. How about you pay attention to the damn show?

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

I don't blame you at all. I joined FB back in 08 when MySpace was dying. That is all I need though. I will never join Twitter or any of that other stuff. Twitter is the biggest "HEY LOOK AT ME" tool there is. Everything involves tweeting and other nonsense. Hell, they want people to tweet about a TV show......while they are watching it. How about you pay attention to the damn show?

I've never cared much for all this reality television stuff but we have a show that's taken it to the next level.

I don't know if you guys have it but we have got a to show called "goggle box". I Just googled it and we adapted it from Britain.. Thanks guys :P

The show is about watching the reactions of people watching tv.. And then you can of course discuss it over Twitter or wherever they want you to chat about (most sites now have a dedicated place for fans to talk about the show)

If I want to watch tv, I'll watch it. Who the hell cares what some random person thinks of a tv show..

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I'm pretty much addicted to it as well. It's more of a habit now though and whenever I'm a little bored I automatically go on to it. Generally I go to this website first but there isn't as much content to go through.

I wish I could stop in some ways, but there are so many funny and random videos, and a lot of interesting articles that I come across which I would never be able to see otherwise.

The unfortunate thing about it is weeding through all the crap to get to the good stuff but they seem to be getting better at showing only things you want to see.

Another fun fact about Facebook and commenting; I read an article a while back now about linking people who don't post or comment, but frequently use social media, to depression. Because we only see the highlights of everyone's lives and all the good things, we automatically compare ourselves to them and think that our life isn't as exciting and we get upset over it.

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

I use facebook mostly to keep in touch with friends and family back home, however I do find myself on it wayyy to much.

I find myself following odd pages, like "Mommy Needs Vodka" because they post hilarious stuff sometimes.  So when they post a link, I'll read it, then find another link in that article, and the cycle never ends.  It's kind of the same on YouTube.  I'll find a funny video, then watch the next one, then look at suggested videos and notice I've just lost four hours and my house is still a mess.   :lol:

My Facebook page stays open almost all day when I'm link-hopping.  Not sure what the term for something like that is.  It's definitely addictive though.

• Like 1

Judging by all the comments on here Facebook doesn't seem popular, which I understand. My current facebook account is my 2nd one. I deleted my first one because someone who I know was being slagged off in public on there so I defended them but then I deleted it because I realised it would probably keep happening. I created my second one when I started playing gta. I rarely use it, the most I've done on it was get involved in a meme war but that's pretty much it.

It seems more trouble than what it's worth. I also never understand why people put so much of their lives on there.

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

People commenting on Facebook stories are usually pretty bad and even worse with anything slightly controversial. I kind of enjoy reading the comments on these kinds of things but for the life of me I still can't work out why people feel the need to say all these things.

They write their opinions as facts and think that people actually care what they have to say. Then you get all the trolls who just talk crap to get a reaction out of people. I don't get why they do it, but then again I'm a more reserved and private person.

Facebook is full of trolls and people looking to cause tension and start fights as a way to entertain their boring lives. I rarely see posts or comments where people actually talk to each other in a nice way.

I've never experienced this though since I won't waste my time commenting on things since no one would really listen anyway.

LOL! I got rid of Facybooky just for those stupid reasons.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Judging by all the comments on here Facebook doesn't seem popular, which I understand. My current facebook account is my 2nd one. I deleted my first one because someone who I know was being slagged off in public on there so I defended them but then I deleted it because I realised it would probably keep happening. I created my second one when I started playing gta. I rarely use it, the most I've done on it was get involved in a meme war but that's pretty much it.

It seems more trouble than what it's worth. I also never understand why people put so much of their lives on there.

It might be the age gap.  Most people commenting on the Facebook thing are in their 30's... and men.  A lot of guys just don't have Facebook.  I had Friendster when it first came out... any of you remember that?  :lol:  Never really used it much.  Then I moved onto MySpace and that was... drama.  Facebook didn't have much drama back then until everyone started to get one.  I miss the Facebook starter days.