• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Danielle

• HoTWiiReD

• Garbology101

I had a dream of building a huge tower that could be seen from anywhere in the land. Unfortuntely you can see anything you build from anywhere else as it doesn't render. I did manage to get a tower to 22 floors at Abernathy though before running out of steel. Going to change my castle skyscraper back to a normal size building. :( Wonder if it will render on PC?

• 3 months later...

Anybody playing this in survival mode?  I'm only a couple of hours in and I'm loving it, it's so brutal! 

If you have any tips share them here, I'll start, grab all of the empty bottles you come across, nuka cola, beer, milk. You can fill them up at water pumps for free, clean water.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Anybody playing this in survival mode?  I'm only a couple of hours in and I'm loving it, it's so brutal! 

If you have any tips share them here, I'll start, grab all of the empty bottles you come across, nuka cola, beer, milk. You can fill them up at water pumps for free, clean water.

I started a survival game but once I die I have to have a break from it :lol: It took me a long time to kill the deathclaw in Concord, the minigun ran out before I even got half its health down. I've seen some good tips I'll post in a bit.

@Hatch would it be possible to have a Fallout 4 sub forum so we can have different posts for survival tips / DLCs / a place to share our builds etc.

would be good to have with the creation kit coming in June and being able to use mods on console.

33 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I started a survival game but once I die I have to have a break from it :lol: It took me a long time to kill the deathclaw in Concord, the minigun ran out before I even got half its health down. I've seen some good tips I'll post in a bit.

For that deathclaw I jumped down from the building and sneaked around the street on the left, there's a building at the top of the street near where the ground is all broken. You can go upstairs in that building where the deathclaw can't reach you and it's just a case of chipping away at it bit of health at a time. Running away and hiding always seems to be the best idea!

I was actually watching a pacifist playthrough and this guy was playing the game without killing anything, he didn't actually go to Concord at all so to complete the story mode you don't need to meet Preston and his Minutemen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danielle said:

@Hatch would it be possible to have a Fallout 4 sub forum so we can have different posts for survival tips / DLCs / a place to share our builds etc.

would be good to have with the creation kit coming in June and being able to use mods on console.

Probably, but won't be till later today

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

20 hours ago, Danielle said:

Done,

FYI for everyone playing it, be sure to make new threads for specific discussions. A problem we run into we make a new forum for a game (which I don't mind) but them folks still continue to use 1 thread to discuss the whole game.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

Love this game, but put it on hold until the mods are available for console. I bought an Xbox One just for FO4, because it will get mods before PS4.

Two characters over level 120, completed the story line with both.

No spoilers from me.

• Like 1

Mods on consoles do intrigue me. The ability to change a game to how you want to play is one of the clear advantages the #PCMasterrace has over the console peasants. The only modding that would interest me on Fallout would be on the settlement building side of things. I've done most of the game on the PS4 but got really sucked into building my settlements but how much can the modding improve that experience. One of the most common mods on the PC side is the unlimited build size, something that has been put in place on consoles to ensure the game runs smoothly as they don't have the same processing and graphical power as a top end PC. There's also a huge library of additional building components, where will these be saved on the very limited space of a console. 

Console modding is a nice idea but in reality if you're serious about modding a game then PC is the way forward. Consoles should really stick to what they do best and have a stable platform from which to game from. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Mods on consoles do intrigue me. The ability to change a game to how you want to play is one of the clear advantages the #PCMasterrace has over the console peasants. The only modding that would interest me on Fallout would be on the settlement building side of things. I've done most of the game on the PS4 but got really sucked into building my settlements but how much can the modding improve that experience. One of the most common mods on the PC side is the unlimited build size, something that has been put in place on consoles to ensure the game runs smoothly as they don't have the same processing and graphical power as a top end PC. There's also a huge library of additional building components, where will these be saved on the very limited space of a console. 

Console modding is a nice idea but in reality if you're serious about modding a game then PC is the way forward. Consoles should really stick to what they do best and have a stable platform from which to game from. 

On console if you drop weapons and store them in build mode the size goes down :D

2 minutes ago, Danielle said:

On console if you drop weapons and store them in build mode the size goes down :D

And eventually you will hit a point where the performance of the game is severely compromised. Will it eventually corrupt the save?

49 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

And eventually you will hit a point where the performance of the game is severely compromised. Will it eventually corrupt the save?

Nope no issues whatsoever. I use it every time the size maxes out.