Anyone getting their swords today?

maisiewilliams

Would be cool to team w/ some clan members to do the final strike together. Gonna try to hit it right after the gunsmith refreshes this AM.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rofur

• maisiewilliams

• JustHatched

• SeymorScagneti

I've done the strike for my Void Exotic sword, Dark Drinker.  I'm ready to do it for my Solar Exotic and will probably be ready in a day or two (thanks to Iron Banner) to do my Arc. I'd be glad to help out especially if we are both doing the same flavour of sword.  :)

pr0fane0ne.jpg

@profane have you done solar yet? I think I'm near the end as I have 2 more resources to find and about 5% solar kills to do. Is the strike the next step?

I've got my exotic Arc sword to get. Would be good to have a fireteam full with the same type of sword to get so we only have to manage one warden. There are some Gyspy Harbor members who have the quest to finish too.

I've done the strike for my Void Exotic sword, Dark Drinker.  I'm ready to do it for my Solar Exotic and will probably be ready in a day or two (thanks to Iron Banner) to do my Arc. I'd be glad to help out especially if we are both doing the same flavour of sword.  :)

Mine's the arc. Definitely ping me, and if I've happened to have already done it happy to hit it again.

Will be doing the other two after, so next Armsday def up for some more runs.

@profane have you done solar yet? I think I'm near the end as I have 2 more resources to find and about 5% solar kills to do. Is the strike the next step?

Rofur; I have not.  The strike is my next step for solar.

Im not that fussed on the exotic swords. Only thing mine is any good for is the dust palace flayers

Admittedly, they are of limited use.  But it does give you another 310 Heavy weapon that you can infuse into something else you prefer.  :)

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Rofur; I have not. The strike is my next step for solar.

Cool, we'll have to arrange a time to do it if you don't mind.

If anyone needs a hand with this quest I don't mind helping out.

Rofur; I have not. The strike is my next step for solar.

Cool, we'll have to arrange a time to do it if you don't mind.

If anyone needs a hand with this quest I don't mind helping out.

Admittedly, they are of limited use.  But it does give you another 310 Heavy weapon that you can infuse into something else you prefer.  :)

This got me interested...

I have little use for the sword so I really have not used it much. The only one I have is my legendary arc, I went with the arc cuz I figured it would complement my blade dancer.

Question - can you get all 3 types with one character or are you using 3 different characters to get 3 different sword types?

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Damn, guess I might end up with 2 then, I have not used my warlock since beating Skolas before TTK was released and I have little interest in a Titan.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

@hatch: you can have your main do multiple swords and then share them. Your secondaries need to get the regular sword and then transfer them. Have your main do the final upgrade (all of those circles), after which that sword's quest will be assigned to that character.

Match each sword with your character with the proper attributes (ie, no void on Titan) so that the kills are easier.

You can only get 1 per character I think Hatch.

The swords themselves are indeed transferable, but you can only trigger the quest line that results in getting the legendary swords once per character.

Match each sword with your character with the proper attributes (ie, no void on Titan) so that the kills are easier.

Good advice.  Although I did do my void with my titan.  Takes a while when you can only use grenades and melee to get those ability kills.  But, Guardian kills in the crucible count for more and go rather quickly.  Even for me and I am not Crucible-friendly.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

The swords themselves are indeed transferable, but you can only trigger the quest line that results in getting the legendary swords once per character.

True, for the legendaries. For the exotic versions, each character has only one legendary sword of course, but any character can trigger the exotic quest line for any sword. Whichever character does the final upgrade (filling in all the circles w/ a sword at 280+ level) gets the exotic quest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody need to get their exotic swords still?

I need to do the sunless cell strike for the raze lighter so if any one else needs to get the solar warden we could team up.

If everyone has already got theirs would some kind soul give me a hand to finish it at some point please?

Edit: Cheers to Profane and Hatch for helping me get this done. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

Edited by rofur

I now need to run the strike for my arc sword if anyone is up to running it with me.

I'm still on the 3rd or 4th step for the raze lighter. I wasn't in a huge hurry to get this done until I saw Rofur pillaging the Taken the other day with it.

• Like 1

Mine will be infused into a Machine Gun, I really have no want for the sword other than it drops at 310. Soon I will get my warlocks sword and do the same, if I ever use a Titan I might keep the solar sword,

I'm still on the 3rd or 4th step for the raze lighter. I wasn't in a huge hurry to get this done until I saw Rofur pillaging the Taken the other day with it.

I wasn't happy at first because I wanted the arc sword and chose the solar by accident but I regret nothing now!

Anyone willing to help me out with this step:

Step 3 - Kill Ecthar, Sword of Oryx on Dreadnaught Patrol

I will if u don't already have it done by the time I get online

• Like 1