Super Blood Moon (Lunar Eclipse)

Jaggy

Tonight is special for those of you who love astronomy.  A total lunar eclipse and a full moon happen to be tonight!  This combination won't happen again until 2033.  If you happen to be awake, take a look outside and snap a few pictures and share them here.

TIMES ARE IN EDT:

--9:07pm: Partial eclipse begins
--10:11pm: Full eclipse begins
--11:23pm: Full eclipse ends
--12:27am: Partial eclipse ends

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truelife98

• Jaggy

• Sinister

• LN-MLB

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know about this until you mentioned it.

I don't know how much I'll be able to see from where I live, but I may start the event 30 minutes later tonight (if no one is opposed).

It's kind of cloudy here right now in Las Vegas.  Hopefully the sky clears up a bit so we can get a good view.  Even with some small cloud coverage, it will look really cool.

It looks weird and fake here in AZ. I'll try and take a picture but it's really dark.

Same here!

It looked even creepier with the clouds that would move past it.  I came inside once it was completely dark outside.  It looked amazing at the very beginning of the eclipse.

Perfect weather here in France. I woke up a 4am to see it.

Got my revenge after missing out on the solar eclipse last spring due to cloud cover.

It was amazing, I took a few pics I'll share after work this evening.

I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Unfortunately, I was right--I couldn't see anything at all tonight.  It was actually a mostly clear night here, but the downside of living in a busier part of the city is that the growth has more or less made seeing these things virtually impossible.

When the next one rolls around, I'll be in my 50s, so hopefully I'll be living a more serene lifestyle on the coast. :)

It was clear in Massachusetts so we got a good look at it. Sorry no pics. Lunar eclipses always make the moon look 3 dimensional and kind of fake.

That's exactly what I thought. I'm glad we got a few small windows of time with no clouds. It was cool to see.

No pics?

I couldn't get one with my camera.  Not any good ones.  We have a walking trail to the east of our house and some of the lights from there were messing with the picture quality.  :(

True, whatever camera you used took better pictures than mine would have.  It's nights like these that I wish I had a really nice, high quality camera and knew how to properly use it.  :lol: