light level

nicolabellamy77

im trying to increase the light level on my hunter, she is about 280 atm and im struggling because  the only items i get are around the same or lower levels and i cant buy anything over the 280 stat from vendors, does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

Just keep playing and if you get a blue piece of gear with higher light either swap to that or infuse it into legendary stuff.

Also make sure you've got your highest light level gear equipped when decoding engrams. You may not like the armour or gun but just use its light level as a boost so your character's light level is at the highest you can go.

Sorry if that makes no sense!

• Like 1

Just keep playing and if you get a blue piece of gear with higher light either swap to that or infuse it into legendary stuff.

Also make sure you've got your highest light level gear equipped when decoding engrams. You may not like the armour or gun but just use its light level as a boost so your character's light level is at the highest you can go.

Sorry if that makes no sense!

oh i didnt know that about decoding the engrams in your highest gear, i will try that

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

Don't know if you've noticed this yet but don't make big jumps in light level when infusing or you will lose too many light points. I read somewhere on Reddit that you get 80% carry over. Also just wear the rare if it's the highest. . . . if you only have a legendary helmet at 270 light and a rare at 300 light and nothing else to step up the legendary in stages you would do better just to use the rare instead of infusing it. Infuse in stages, not too small but no big jumps either. If you are like me and your mules and vault space is filling up with 280-295 blues and purps it dosent really matter I guess.

The more you play the better your chances of higher light level gear.

One of the most reliable ways to get the higher end light-level gear to drop is by doing the Heroic Strikes playlist.  And stay in that playlist for at least 4 matches because the "drop bonus" modifier kicks in when you've done 3 matches.

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg