Infinity 3.0 vs Lego Dimensions

JustHatched

If you have gaming kids you may be familiar with these. Disney Infinity 3.0 is out, Lego Dimensions will soon be out.

I am thinking of getting my kids one or the other for Xmas, they currently have Disney 2.0. Issue, they like all the Lego games that are out already, but the Disney has more characters the kids like.

So not really sure which way to go,

from a tech stand point which would you buy?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I guess it depends how much money you're willing to shell out... Since you have to pay out the A for regular LEGO sets, I'm going to assume Dimension sets won't be cheap either.

Edited by UberL33tPwner69

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

• 2 months later...

We have Disney infinity 2.0 for the kids so they are getting 3.0 since they already have the portal and loads of characters that will be compatible in the toy box. So it would just be the disc and a few game sets. The guy at the shop said he was blown away by the Lego one since he was a huge Lego fan and there were lots of different things to do with it. He also said to stay clear of the Skylanders (been sucked into that money pit once) so we took that onboard. Kids might just get the Lego one too...

Our Infinity 2.0 was played for about 30 minutes and has collected dust ever since.

Just picked up Dimensions yesterday. Everyone in the house likes Lego and my Son and I enjoy playing the games.

Plus, we got such a good deal on it we couldn't pass it up.

What we have played of the Lego Dimensions it seems better than the Infinity. We tried the Infinity and 2.0 in our house and neither were a big hit in our house..

If you use the Cartwheel app for Target the Lego Dimensions is 35% off until Wednesday so if purchasing now would be a great time as it is $65 as compared to normal $100. (Since original post was in September, not sure if you've already made up your mind or purchased)  Black Friday everywhere has them for $80.

2.0 character will work with 3.0? If so then I will go with 3.0 for sure

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Assume I know nothing of the game other than the kids like it.....what is toy box?