What to keep and what do dismantle

Millius

As the topic says.

All the stuff that drops what to keep and what to dismantle.

So far I have been exchanging my gear according to ATTACK level.

But is that all to it or is there more.

What about legendary items with lower attack than uncommon or rare are they better ? 

So many unknowns.

It's up to you.

I dismantle some purples that are low in attack that I don't plan on infusing.

I equip everything, regardless of color that has the higher attack value.

Dismantling purples in year 2 gets you legendary marks so keep that in mind.

i am a little bit of a hoarder lol but when my thing gets full i have to dismantle some things so i generally dismantle the lower attack things maybe when i collect more purples i will start dismantling the lower purples

nicolabellamy77.png

Here's a good tip when it comes to dismantling. Upgrade items you're going to trash as far as they will go with low-level mats of which you have a surplus. When you dismantle them they will drop more parts. :)

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

I am quite reluctant to dismantle any purples (legendary) unless their attribute bumps are irrelevant to me.  Ie; if a legendary only has low Discipline or Strength bumps AND low attack, I'll dismantle it.  But if it has low Attack but decent Intellect bump, I will infuse that puppy up to 300.  :)  But always use them for a bit first, in case you find a weapon you really like.  For me; I was about to dismantle a scout rifle because it was low in attack but I took it out for a test run and really like it's rate of fire + impact.  So, I'm keeping it.  I fed it a few high attack blues (rare) and now it's a 300 Attack scout rifle.  *joy*

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

The perks are the deciding point for me. A piece of armor the benefits hand cannons is useless to me since I rarely use them, same with fusion rifle. So I will dismantle those regardless of defense level. I tend to hand on to the ones that assist intellect and super recharge. As far weapons, I try them all and if I don't like the perks or something it is gone. I dimantled 2 exotics today cuz the perks sucked and invused them with a purple that regens health on orb pickup.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Picked up a hunter cloak of Taniks with a 298 level...was about to dismantle but instead, infused the crucible mark with it.

I didn't know you could infuse stuff with gear from hunters and warlocks.

• Like 3

Picked up a hunter cloak of Taniks with a 298 level...was about to dismantle but instead, infused the crucible mark with it.

Yep.  All that matters is that it be the same class (primary -> primary) and the numbers. 

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Since hitting light 293 ive been getting no higher value engrams.. must get harder to level up at this point ?

And as for the year 1 items ive dismantled all of the legendarys but couldn't bring myself to dismantle my near complete collection of exotics - even though they are useless now

Edited by markt112

Didn't know this, just made my body armour level 290 using a warlock exotic :D

Now I just need a new ghost, it's the only thing I have that isn't 280+ and it's keeping my whole light level down.