New exotic farming method (get in before it's patched)

SeymorScagneti

There's a new method for farming exotics:

Buy 3 of coins from Xur, load up Scourge of Winter, can be level 14, pop a coin, shoot or snipe the boss to low health, then rocket yourself and the boss. If an engram drops, it'll still be there after respawn. Rinse and repeat depending on how many 3 of coins you want to use.

This was originally posted on Reddit, I found it on GameFaqs.

Get in there before the hot fix.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/72512081

Tried this three times this afternoon and got sent fa!

I've also heard eye of the gatelord is a good farm too but takes a bit longer.

Did anyone do this and get anything interesting?

Edited by rofur
  • Like 1

So far...Hereafter sniper, year 2 invective, year 2 crest of alpha lupi, immolation fists, telesto fusion rifle, and the hunter helm skyburner's annex.

Edited by SeymorScagneti

Don't think this has been fixed yet.

Forbes.com and GameInformer have both done stories on this which means Bungie will more than likely fix it somehow.

Get in there while you can.

I got Zhalo Supercell, The Last Word, Don't Touch Me gauntlets, Telesto & Invective x2

Also Heart of the Praxic Fire Warlock Armour & I bought Young Ahamkara's Spine from Xur this morning :D

• Like 2

@ Adam and Dani (in regards to the Zhalo Supercell AKA Thunderlord Jr.

tumblr_m2uq0eZiuP1qfhgqco1_500.gif

That's cool that people are benefitting from this. All the money we've spent, all the time grinding, it's nice to find a new treasure cave. I'm going to try and get as many strange coins, and then as many 3oC I can before this is patched.

This is so much faster than grinding for legendary marks and buying exotics.

where is the boss?

It's the Scourge of Winter level 14 story mission on Venus. Draksis is the boss on that kell ship.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-destiny-loophole-lets-you-get-exotics-easily/1100-6430718/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Edited by SeymorScagneti
  • Like 1

It is not a guaranteed method if it was you would ALWAYS get 1 exotic engram from 1 three coin but you don't, me and Mark have done it. You MIGHT get a better chance but that is all it is. I've burned through about 30 three coins today and only got 2 exotic engrams. . . It is what it is a chance. Thanks for the heads up though!

• Like 1

Picked up Celestial Nighthawk helmet, 2x Young Ahamkara's Spine (after buying it from Xur, so 3 in total), 2x Suros Regime, Zhalo Supercell, Telesto and my personal fav: the Jade Rabbit. 

Also got Skyburners Annex from a helmet engram that I bought from Xur (before I knew about farming..).

Very good day 

Edited by Jesse
  • Like 2

Final 25 3oC...2 more crest of alpha lupis, 2x last words, and ruin wings.

I'm expecting a patch soon however, if this still works next Xur day, I'll be back at it again.

Final 25 3oC...2 more crest of alpha lupis, 2x last words, and ruin wings.

I'm expecting a patch soon however, if this still works next Xur day, I'll be back at it again.

I've seen on Reddit to stop getting duplicates, decrypt an engram back out of the cryptarch, wait 10 secs then decrypt another. Not tried it myself but it's something to do with the rng formula being on a timer.

Also I think Bungie tweeted that seeing as we've earnt the strange coins to do this they don't mind the farming, for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out that once you hit 300 light, or over, all exotic engrams open at 310.

If your close to 300 might be worth saving them

This was incorrect. Ive had a few 290's. Most seem to open at 310 but not all

Edited by markt112

Using Xur's exotic engrams is the easiest choice so save your Strange Coins for when he visits.  I bought 6 exotic engrams from him; 3 of them were Light 310.  So all 3 got infused into my favourite Legendary gauntlets.  :)

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Using Xur's exotic engrams is the easiest choice so save your Strange Coins for when he visits.  I bought 6 exotic engrams from him; 3 of them were Light 310.  So all 3 got infused into my favourite Legendary gauntlets.  :)

+1

I infused my titans maulers to 310 + my hunters vermilions. 305 light now on my hunter :)

Need to try and get as close to 310 as possible before the trials start

Edited by markt112

Problem with purchasing exotic engrams from Xur is you don't necessarly receive gear for your class. Bought 2 exotic engrams last week and received 2 helmets for a hunter. Considering I'm a warlock, it was a complete waste. Also bought a dozen 3 of coins and got nothing in return. RND indeed.