PS4 Instruction Manual

revbouncer

Ok during the last PL Dodge said be sure to video your best lap.

I'm sure there are many more things that need to be learnt for the new people to PS4, eg party chat.

Please feel free to explain how to use these features and any others that are unique to PS4.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure some others that may not know yet how to use all the new stuff.

: QUESTION :

• Like 1

Ah, the thing I miss the most when I play on PS3.

It's not the graphics, or extra cars, or larger lobbies or any of those things.  It's the share feature. :) 

It's amazing how often you use it without even realising. 

Press the share button once to save the last 15 minutes of footage or to take a screenshot.  

You'll be taken to a blue screen with a few options.  Square is to save the footage.  Triangle is to save the screenshot.

Press it twice to record the next 15 minutes of footage.  (it will automatically save it for you once the 15 minutes is over)

Just be careful though.  If you press it twice to record a race, then do it again at the beginning of the 2nd race, you'll lose the footage from the 1st race.

So if you want to record every race in a playlist, press twice at the start of a race, then press it once at the end of a race.  It will save all the footage in between.  

You'll need to do that for each race if you want to save them all separately.

Once you have footage and screenshots stored, you can view them in the "Capture Gallery" from the PSN menu.

You can do some basic editing here, like cropping a video and saving a specific bit of footage like a crash for example.

You can also upload your footage and screenshots from here.

I use a YouTube account for the footage and a separate Facebook account for the screenshots.  There are other ways to upload your stuff, but I'm not too clued up on them.

Have a play around with it, Rev.  Once you get the hang of it, it comes in real handy.  

Recording the timing screen at the end of a race or a DM makes things so much easier than writing it down.

• Like 2

Party chat is awesome!  It only holds 8 people though.  So we rarely use it during prime EU & NA times.  If you're unsure how to set one up, there's a few of us around who will set it up and send out invites.

If you haven't already, you will want to go into your Settings, and then Notifications to turn off the popups that say someone has entered a party chat.  Those are so annoying.  Especially from the people who party chat hop all damn day.  Besides, do you really care if someone entered a party chat?  :lol:

The share function will be second nature within a few weeks for you.  You will have so much fun with it.

• Like 2

You need to clear upload notifications manually. When they are full you can't upload anything although there's not a message saying that there is a problem. If you can get into the habit of clearing uploads each time its ok. Unlike myself who ends up deleting 100 at a time

• Like 1