Armsday at the Gunsmith

Pr0fane

One thing Bungie/Destiny are pretty bad at is explaining things.  Like new capabilities they've added.

The Armsday activity has started.  It is planned to reset every Wednesday, roughly 1pm EST.  What this is; an opportunity to 'field test' a number of weapons for the Gunsmith and gain reputation specific to the Gunsmith.  This reputation will unlock Legendary weapons that you can purchase with Glimmer, the exact weapons are unknown at this time and will likely only start to show up when Taken King unlocks.

1. Always do your Nightfall first!  If you complete Field Testing all 5 weapons without doing Nightfall first, you won't quite make Rank 1.  Trust me, I found this out the hard way.

2. You can take up to all 5 Field Test weapons if you have room in your inventory.

3. Each weapon has specific criteria you have to follow in order to complete the Field Test.  Note; if, like me, you do NOT like Crucible, don't bother grabbing weapons that have to be Field Tested in the Crucible.

4. As you complete the Field Test criteria, your reputation with the Gunsmith will increase.  If you do not complete the Field Test for a weapon, you don't get the Reputation bump.

Right now, it looks like the weapons just stay in your inventory, but that can't be confirmed until next Wednesday.  Personally, I wouldn't dismantle them until then.

• Like 3

pr0fane0ne.jpg

From what I've seen in tweets and from different articles around the web once you fully test a weapon you can delete it, you only have to keep it if you want to.

I've been using the new Hakke sniper quite a bit and think it's brilliant so I'll be keeping that.

• Like 2

I've been using the new Hakke sniper quite a bit and think it's brilliant so I'll be keeping that.

...and that's the Common version.  Imagine a Legendary version.  : SLOBBER :

Dani; I doubt you'll lose out on anything by dismantling them.  Most indicators are saying that the weapon becomes irrelevant once you get complete the Field Test.  I'm just keeping mine in case that assumption is wrong.

Edited by Pr0fane
  • Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The new omolon sniper and fusion rifle he sold last week are good weapons. The sniper has better impact and range than the 1000 yard stare but less stability and reload speed. The fusion rifle has pretty high impact and decent perks like faster recharge time. Both are pretty fun to use too.

• Like 2

One thing Bungie/Destiny are pretty bad at is explaining things.

That's when they even bother. :P

What's with all these locked chests on the Dreadnaught and where do you get the keys ?

That's when they even bother. :P

What's with all these locked chests on the Dreadnaught and where do you get the keys ?

You get the keys for the named chests by doing the mini activities.  Like stepping in the black/white energy circles then killing the 4 waves of Taken that are summoned.  Or by using the Skyburners Command Beacon to summon a Cabal Scouting Party.  Or by doing the invisible platform hopping fun near the Court of Oryx.  :)

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg