Thinking of playing Destiny again...

Wulfherth

You've got quite a bit to catch up tbh but it's all doable before TTK drops.

I suggest send out a few friend requests to crew members that play Destiny as most of us are on everyday and would be more than willing to help you out.

• Like 1

I stopped playing back in December as a lvl 29 and started playing again in June or July. Within 3 weeks I was at 34.

You have a month but keep in mind, we're basically getting a brand new game with leveling, armor, and weapons being re-done.

• Like 1

What do you mean by brand new game? I'm confused.

I think Seymor means that since The Taken King's coming out next month that it would be best starting a new character so that you'll be more fitted to the new armor and weapon balances that are coming with it.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind I read the post wrong. But yeah TTK's coming out and everything's getting re-balanced.

Edited by xChaosxSniperx19

so should I just start a new character? I was thinking Warlock this time. Although I have one at level 8

You definitely don't need to make a new character :)

b2ExQd1.png

I guess I'll just play my hunter for now and start playing my warlock once taken king hits.

Are the preorder bonuses same as when the game launched? Because I'm pretty sure vanguard weapons were. preorder for digital preorder back in sept 2014.

Edited by Wulfherth

Some of them may be the same but they'll be more tuned to the new weapon balances that are coming out with the game.

I guess I'll just play my hunter for now and start playing my warlock once taken king hits.

Are the preorder bonuses same as when the game launched? Because I'm pretty sure vanguard weapons were. preorder for digital preorder back in sept 2014.

Yeah they're more or less the same, they just have brand names (suros and hakke) rather than being just vanguard weapons.

You also get a new emblem, shader and sparrow for being a year 1 player.

What do you mean by brand new game? I'm confused.

I mean everything is being re-done.

It seems like everything pre-Taken King is a year long beta based on all the changes.

Yep.

Don't know if it's level 26 though? I just heard it was up to the level you need to start TTK story missions?

Also don't know how much it levels subclasses either.

It seems like everything pre-Taken King is a year long beta based on all the changes.

Pretty much what I have been saying since the beginning. :D

The booster won't take you to lvl 26. If it does, a lot of year 1 players will be pissed about putting all their time in this game.

I'm also a low level player (9 - Titan), so restarting with a new character won't be a big deal. I'm glad they replaced Peter Dinklage with Nolan North; this guy was putting me to sleep. :lol:

A quick refresher; hunters use light armor, warlocks use medium armor and titans use heavy armor ? I won't even go into subclasses.

Well. I caught up quite a bit. I logged on and my old destiny clan leader(we started the clan together during beta/after) was thrilled and helped me level from 25 to 31 within 2 days. 2-3 more days and I am 32.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back into Destiny. Didn't get very far the first time. I'm actually almost back up to the point I was at before. Any tips are welcome. I'm trying to hurry through the story so if I play with the crew I'm not holding anybody back.

prieto89.png

I just got back into Destiny. Didn't get very far the first time. I'm actually almost back up to the point I was at before. Any tips are welcome. I'm trying to hurry through the story so if I play with the crew I'm not holding anybody back.

If you are in or get in the Destiny clan be sure to up date your profile info on the website as it currently says N/A for the Bungie info.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Don't worry about holding anybody back.

Check out some of the threads in this forum when you have some time.

Edited by SeymorScagneti

• 3 weeks later...

Got back on yesterday, got my warlock to lv 29 and he is at the dreadnought story mission now. Can anyone help with that? I have a feeling I can't do that one alone.

Got back on yesterday, got my warlock to lv 29 and he is at the dreadnought story mission now. Can anyone help with that? I have a feeling I can't do that one alone.

Did you use spark of light from the post master and have you got/ completed any abandoned quests, story missions and such?

It can be solo'd but I'm more than happy to help. Shoot me an inv if I'm online.

At 32 now, you were right, i just used alot of cover and solo'd it. I really want that legendary sword =O

Right now i'm doing the rasputin mission for Taken king.

On "Regicide"

Finished TTK, doing "Dread Patrol" now.

Did you use spark of light from the post master and have you got/ completed any abandoned quests, story missions and such?

Yep, i did.

Stormcaller is f'in awesome.

Edit: Oh wow. I could prolly get the nighthawk helmet for my hunter from xur if i had 3 more coins. dont think thats possible by sunday tho :/.

Edited by Wulfherth