Clio Cup [Project Cars]

DavidCore89

Clio Cup

I know I'm in a minority of Project CARS racers here and due to that I have been racing with Apex Stalkers, but I thought I'd at least post the next event that I'm working on...

Starting September 4th and each Friday onwards until the series is complete, I hope to have a full grid of 16 clean and reliable drivers that will show up for each round of the championship, the 16 players will be divided into 8 teams of 2. Issues with Clio Cup liveries means teammates will have to use the same car as their teammate because only 2 or 3 cars have alternate numbers on the livery (no big deal).

All rules/settings will be set to real, locked to cockpit view (subject to change) and manual gears.

Each round will consist of 2 races. The first race will be a random grid rolling start sprint race, the sprint race will be around 12.5 miles. The second race will be the main race, it'll be scheduled to last around 35 miles, the main race will also include a 10 minute qualifying session. There is no free practice, it's up to the teams to get out on track together and help one another out with car setups.

All races will be UK tracks (no variations).

Tracks (order not yet decided):
Brands Hatch GP - Sprint 5 laps // Main Race 14 laps.
Cadwell GP - Sprint 6 laps // Main Race 17 laps.
Donington Park GP - Sprint 5 laps // Main Race 14 laps.
Oulton Park International - Sprint 5 laps // Main Race 14 laps.
Silverstone International - Sprint 6 laps // Main Race 16 laps.
Snetterton 200 - Sprint 6 laps // Main Race 18 laps.

All races will start at the same time as they would in the Clio Cup IRL, one race will be light rain from the very start. Heavy rain, storms or any developing wet weather midway into a race will not happen as the pit stops can be temperamental, we may be able to look into that IF pit stops are fixed properly.

Points system is to be decided, it'll reflect the real-life Clio Cup as much as possible.

The teams and liveries will be selected by an independent party and at random, or I could find a randomizer on Google. This way I aim to bring total strangers together in a fun yet competitive way, hopefully it'll lead to people making some new friends as well.

I already have some seats in this championship taken, but I can assure you that any driver in this championship is a fair driver, so clean and competitive pCars racers from XDBX are welcome to enter.

General racing incidents will/may happen and door-to-door scenarios may unfold, but it is up to you the driver to report any overly-aggressive driving or deliberate foul play to me DavidCore89 privately with video proof, please do not insult any other drivers or cause a drama that could affect the concentration of every other driver. A panel of 3 experienced drivers whom are not in the championship will judge the footage, penalties will be handed out if required, these penalties may range from being deducted positions on the starting grid for the next race, points deducted from your drivers total, suspension from 1 race, and in extreme circumstances a permanent exclusion from the championship.

This is a draft, some things may change but I'll make any changes clear.

I may also have a PSN card for each of the drivers for the winning team.

Let me know any if you'd like to join.

Thanks!

Date/s?

Pendning days and times I might be jump in, I will need to turn some laps to get a feel for the game again as it's been a bit since I played it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I can't drive with cockpit view and manual gears, I wouldn't mind to join otherwise :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Date/s?

Pendning days and times I might be jump in, I will need to turn some laps to get a feel for the game again as it's been a bit since I played it.

September 4th and every Friday, it'll start quite early for US players though, it'll be 4 PM in your time zone.

I can't drive with cockpit view and manual gears, I wouldn't mind to join otherwise :)

As you can see in the OP, cockpit view is currently up for discussion with APEX.

Manual gears is a must.

September 4th and every Friday, it'll start quite early for US players though, it'll be 4 PM in your time zone.

Yeah.. I won't be able to commit to that. I have to leave to get my daughters at 5 on Friday's.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I can't do manual gears with a controller man, never got used to it lol

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Yeah.. I won't be able to commit to that. I have to leave to get my daughters at 5 on Friday's.

Thought it'd be too early.

If I start it later then it rules out the UK and certainly Europe.

Weekends are booked with APEX so Friday is the best option currently.

If it isn't like a supercar I can manage to drive without assists but not manual gears :D

www.ishare4free.com

I can't do manual gears with a controller man, never got used to it lol

It's not so bad, I use a controller sometimes as my wheel overheats.

The sensitivities are all wrong with default.

These are the best controller settings IMO, people seem to rate them highly, but I haven't used many other configs.

Steering Deadzone - 0

Steering Sensitivity - 0

Throttle Deadzone - 0

Throttle Sensitivity - 25

Brake Deadzone - 0

Brake Sensitivity - 25

Clutch Deadzone - 0

Clutch Sensitivity - 25

Speed Sensitivity - 75 (I adjust only this value as needed depending on car type)

Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 50

Force Feedback - 100

RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 2

Advanced - On

Apply Soft Steering - On

Apply Visual Filtering - Off

Apply Opposite Lock Help - Off

By JohnnyDNGRSLY.

• Like 1

I've never changed anything on those settings being afraid to fuck shit up but I'll try it, same with car settings... Wouldn't know what to change

www.ishare4free.com

Thought it'd be too early.

If I start it later then it rules out the UK and certainly Europe.

Weekends are booked with APEX so Friday is the best option currently.

No worries,

Not for me. :lol:<_<

If it was a Mclaren P1 I'd agree, but it's a front wheel drive Clio Cup with 219 BHP  :P.

Try it in solo, it's actually very stable.

Assists are real, Clio Cup doesn't have any assists IRL.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 1 month later...