Squirrels Random Idea Thread

Squirrel

I keep having crazy ideas in my sleep and I need somewhere to write them down and then can work out if they are feasible or fun enough to be developed into something more. If anyone wants to contribute they can do.

First crazy idea which has just come to me is a recreation of the Death Star Trench Assault.

I think it would need to be based on a capture. Not sure if it should be GTA or Contend. I'd use the LS river as the actual trench and have actors throughout the whole length with miniguns/RPGs to use as lazer emplacements. 

One team (Rebels) would attempt to fly down the trench trying to get the object (Torpedos) to the target (Thermal exhaust port) while the other team (Empire) has to intercept them. 

I imagine using a Besra as a Y-Wing in a GTA style capture as being the object you need to get home while you have a team of Lazers (X-Wings) defending you against the opposite team in Hydras (Tie Fighters)

Any thoughts on this?

• Like 2

How can you sleep with that going on in your head? lol

seriously though, that sounds like a cool idea, not sure how well it would realise, place the minigunners in little towers? some low some up onj the banks, or are they too deadly?  What About the Millennium Falcon? Valkyrie? ;-)

There's lots of little logistical things to work out which is why I thought you guys could help.

I think it would be impossible to fly down a tunnel but the LS river is the right kind of shape. You're right though, how do we make people fly down the trench instead of flying over it all to the goal. 

the LS river seams like a good idea but im not sure how you will stop people flying over it, sorry im no help lol

nicolabellamy77.png

I could place a load of containers overhead so it's impossible to get to the goal from the air. They wouldn't need to be that close together either to stop you flying a Besra between them at speed. Respawn area for the Rebels would be near the start of the river and I'd imagine people flying up stream towards the dam.

kind of brings you back to the movie.... why did they fly down the trench at all? : QUESTION :

An excellent point but we should always trust the judgement of George Lucas. He'd never make any mistake in a film......

• Like 1

That's an interesting idea, would it work better as a GTA air race involving Hydras and Lazers?

I would love to have an entire Star Wars themed playlist. Got to have a speeder bike race through a forest, pod racing in the desert, TDM's with rebels v stormtroopers on Hoth, Endor. Melee lightsaber (baseball bats) battles. So much potential for a lot of us to create jobs.

That's an interesting idea, would it work better as a GTA air race involving Hydras and Lazers?

I hadn't really got that far into it. I was just thinking about the route down the "trench". I've never done a team GTA so no idea how they work, but it could be that as Hydra's vs Lazers.

you can probably mod the GTA skins on the PC version right? modding the PS4 sadly less possibilities, but that would be cool.

Star Wars stuff underway!

Next idea is an LTS for Hatchs Monsters & Missiles playlist. I'm thinking of starting both teams next to Monster trucks, they then have to race over some very rough terrain to a collection of awaiting aircraft where carnage will then ensue.

What would be the best aircraft to use? Also would a single central pool of aircraft work or would it be better for each team to have their own aircraft to race for?

• 2 weeks later...

New random idea! I've sorted my LTS now.

This is another Star Wars related one. I'm thinking of a way of recreating the battle between Jedi's and Droids on Geonosis. Jedi's are obviously armed with baseball bats (light sabers) while the droids are armed with lasers (slow firing pistol)

Having one team starting with guns while the other has bats instantly starts ringing alarm bells in my head, I know Seymor managed a melee TDM with a minigun pick up with great success, if I use a small enough arena (LS university sports field) would the close range mean that the pistols can be easily overpowered by quick people with bats.

Also which is the best pistol to use that can be placed in a TDM? Marksman pistol would mean it being set to owned weapons so that's out. Forced & pickups is the way I want to go with everyone starting with bats. 

I hadn't really got that far into it. I was just thinking about the route down the "trench". I've never done a team GTA so no idea how they work, but it could be that as Hydra's vs Lazers.

Are you interested in making this? If you're struggling I can probably help.

I think it's possible to use SNS Pistol spawns in the creator, so since it's a crappy pistol and also quite slow (if I remember correctly), I'd go with those. Otherwise, the Pistol would probably be the only way to go.

Are you interested in making this? If you're struggling I can probably help.

Sorry, I haven't got anywhere with this. It was just an idea I tried to put into action, but I really struggled getting the checkpoints right and gave up. I've never done an air race, other than can couple of really simple ones that I deleted.

Ok no problem, I can throw something together. I'm thinking a few loops over the trench and then an attack run going down to the goal. I'll also try set up a capture to see which one works best.

• 1 month later...

Another bit of free roam fun has inspired another capture. Myself and Cutting had a lot of fun chasing down grjkie last night.

Blaine County police vs Quad bikes. Offroad.

GTA Capture. Quad bike is the capture vehicle. Both teams start in Blaine County sheriff cars and will respawn in them if possible. Weapons TBC. Not ones that can be fired from a vehicle. To capture the quad you'll have to ram it and knock the driver off.

• Like 1

Over the months Danielle has showed me alot of natural jumps for motorcycles. One where you would need to get it just right to reach the top of a building.

This has got me to try and create a "Dart" capture or race where you need to jump your bike just right to hit the bulls eye. I have not created anything worth saving so far.

I figured i mention it here if someone gets any ideas from it now that the props are more flexible.

(I hope its ok to use your thread for this Squirrel)

No problem at all, it's good to have a place for random ideas.

Your dart idea sounds interesting. I'm looking at creating a Extreme sports themed playlist in the next few weeks. Could be ideal for that.

Another bit of free roam fun has inspired another capture. Myself and Cutting had a lot of fun chasing down grjkie last night.

Blaine County police vs Quad bikes. Offroad.

GTA Capture. Quad bike is the capture vehicle. Both teams start in Blaine County sheriff cars and will respawn in them if possible. Weapons TBC. Not ones that can be fired from a vehicle. To capture the quad you'll have to ram it and knock the driver off.

I think weapon choice shouldn't be firearms because it would be easy to kill the fugitives and capture the bike. IMO it should be police batons for the police and like crowbars for the fugitives

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...