I just launched my website.

n9neliives

..... well not today, but about 5 days ago haha.... Been working hard on it for the past 2 weeks, as well as getting my auctions ready for eBay.  I'm officially self-employed now :)  So, go ahead and check out my website and either comment in the facebook comment box on the main page, or right on here and let me know what you think about it :) http://www.geodeplanet.com

• Like 2

Great stuff, 9.  :)

Hope the website & eBay business provides the income you need.

It's very rewarding when you can work from home or at least work your own hours.  

It allows so much more flexibility to join playlists during working hours.  :D

My wife has been on eBay for the past 15 years, and I've been working with her for the last 5.

It has slowed up in the last 2 to 3 years, but still provides just enough income to keep me from getting a "real" job.  :lol:

Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

My geode and quartz collection is in the barn. It's fun digging them up, but just as fun cutting open the geodes.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

My geode and quartz collection is in the barn. It's fun digging them up, but just as fun cutting open the geodes.

I rather use a chisel and hammer to break them open.  That way, they have a more natural look to them.  Some people use a pipe cutter to open them, but I'm not one for carrying 2 full 50lb buckets through 5 miles of creek and woods only to find out only half are worth keeping.  As you can see, I'm pretty picky as to what I take home :)  Where do you collect geodes from? 

Great stuff, 9.  :)

Hope the website & eBay business provides the income you need.

It's very rewarding when you can work from home or at least work your own hours.  

It allows so much more flexibility to join playlists during working hours.  :D

My wife has been on eBay for the past 15 years, and I've been working with her for the last 5.

It has slowed up in the last 2 to 3 years, but still provides just enough income to keep me from getting a "real" job.  :lol:

Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

I've done eBay before and noticed how it has gone down in the last few years... for instance, buy it nows are more likely to be listed BELOW auction-style listings..... free shipping gives you a nice bump towards the top.... Pretty shitty for eBay to do that, but I'll have to deal with them for now until I get more customers so I can eventually sell them just on my website.  Plus the fees suck... When I was doing it last time, I was paying anywhere from $500-1000 a month in fees.  But yea, I'll have more time for playlists too ;) But first, I gotta get everything going until I have a few hundred active listings.  Until then, it's a lot of work.... but I love it.

Really cool! It's got to be nice being your own boss. Hoping to do the same in the future.

As long as you can find something that has a low start up cost and you're passionate about it, you can do just about anything.  I know a lot of people that have tried it and they give up because something wasn't working right.  Instead of changing what they were doing wrong, they just went back to working for "the man".  I hope you find what you're looking for and keep strong man!!!

Edited by n9neliives
  • Like 2

Mainly out west for geodes and Pennsylvania and Kentucky for quartz. I'm like you. The cracked ones look better.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I have no idea what those items are (without Google), but they're obviously collectible and valuable.

I had a successful eBay shop, but I closed it a few years ago. It got to the point where sending 50, 60 or 70 packages per day was simply too much for me, but I made a fair amount of money. I frequently consider starting again.

It's very satisfying to be able to work for yourself and provide a sustainable income while doing something that you enjoy.

Edited by DavidCore89

I have no idea what those items are (without Google), but they're obviously collectible and valuable.

I had a successful eBay shop, but I closed it a few years ago. It got to the point where sending 50, 60 or 70 packages per day was simply too much for me, but I made a fair amount of money. I frequently consider starting again.

It's very satisfying to be able to work for yourself and provide a sustainable income while doing something that you enjoy.

What did you sell on eBay?

Site looks good,

If I may make a suggestion, the link text (bright blue) seems to be a bit harsh on small text (top and bottom navigation links) and it seems to blur the text a bit, someone with poor vision may have difficulty reading them, perhaps making the just a bit of a softer blue, not alot but just enough to take glare off.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What did you sell on eBay?

A lot of different things.

My mothers partner has some pretty good contacts that allowed me to purchase large amounts of DVD and Blu-ray from UK companies that have been in liquidation, I was sometimes selling 3 of these items per minute during seasonal holidays. This was usually my biggest money maker, often getting upto 35% profit margins, but upfront costs can easily go into thousands of pounds (depending on quantity and titles).

Some other things I sold were footwear, clothing, mobile phones, tablets and I had a load of in-car LCD screens... Again, all stock from companies in liquidation.

As a buy-and-sell business, eBay can be very good, but so many people make the wrong decisions, things can go pretty bad and fast.

Without a decent contact I wouldn't have been able to make so much, the guy who taught me made almost £40,000 in a year, the same year that I started, I didn't make that kinda money though  :).

Edited by DavidCore89

Site looks good,

If I may make a suggestion, the link text (bright blue) seems to be a bit harsh on small text (top and bottom navigation links) and it seems to blur the text a bit, someone with poor vision may have difficulty reading them, perhaps making the just a bit of a softer blue, not alot but just enough to take glare off.

My site still has a lot of work :) I'm gonna actually just get rid of the small print links at the bottom.  Spent a couple of hours last night getting familiar with fireworks.  Made a really cool animated button bar on the bottom with links to my social network sites and ebay.  

• Like 1

My site still has a lot of work :) I'm gonna actually just get rid of the small print links at the bottom.  Spent a couple of hours last night getting familiar with fireworks.  Made a really cool animated button bar on the bottom with links to my social network sites and ebay.  

How's it look now? ;)  http://www.geodeplanet.com

I think that looks alot better, well done sir.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: