PS3 vs PS4

omarcomin71

Ps4 rocks. So clad I got it.

One question I like to hunt in real life and some reason u carnt on gta 5 online when rockstar said u can when it came out.

And that video showed animals in video too

Yeah from what I've seen the animals are only in story mode. Kind of a bummer.

I'm hoping eventually one of these updates will include them for online.

• 4 weeks later...

I am considdering a PS4. Although my PS3 will stay as well. That's the trouble with having friends on both platforms.

But what shall I do: a disc version of GTA V? Or just download it from the PSstore? What do you use?

I am considdering a PS4. Although my PS3 will stay as well. That's the trouble with having friends on both platforms.

But what shall I do: a disc version of GTA V? Or just download it from the PSstore? What do you use?

I personally use the disc version as it came with my PS4, but I believe a few here use the digital version and haven't any issues with it.  If I am not mistaken, I believe someone here once mentioned that it loads more quickly, but I'll wait for someone who has the digital version to confirm this.

I like to buy a hard copy of every game. I know downloading can be easy and better at times but I like to have the option to lend it to a friend or sell if for a little bit of my money back if I want to. Right before the PS4 came out I sold one of my PS3's and all but 2 or 3 games. I got enough money to buy 2 PS4's, 2 extra controllers, the extended warranty on both of them, and 4 games. If all my games were digitally downloaded then I would not have gotten any of that money back. 

Beware, the digital version in the UK is £66.99 from PS Store.

It must be a mistake as it has been £54.99 since release.

I stopped buying hard copies when the black label titles stopped coming.

I have the digital version of GTAV on PS4. It loads story mode very fast compared to disc on PS3. That's all I can compare it to since I don't have the disc version on PS4. It also doesn't make all the noise the disc did on PS3.

I agree with Stress though, any other game I'd probably get disc version (most likely used) so I could sell it back. GTA is a special case.

I have the disc version of GTA on my PS4.  Disc or digital version loads a lot faster than PS3.  The PS3 is just really old and takes ages to load certain games.

It's really up to you as to what version you prefer to buy.  I'm used to having discs.  Downloading games onto a console is still new to me, but I do have a few downloaded on my system.  It's nice since you don't have to get up and constantly switch out discs.

I have GTA on disc but nearly all my other games are on digital. Not by choice but because ill usually buy games when they are on sale on PSN. I have noticed loading times are faster and that the ps4 doesnt make as much noise when its a digital game, so im assuming its under less stress but i still prefer having a disc. My hardrive is already full and i only have about 3 full games and maybe 5 psn games.  

Im also a social gamer so sometimes ill take my games over to my friends house but when its digital, that means i have to drag my system over to his house, something i dont always want to do. 

Digital games are "supposed" to be the future, and ive already had to deal with that with my ps vita so i guess we might as well get used to it lol

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Digital games just need to be cheaper for more to jump on the bandwagon.

A new release will cost me £10 more on PS Store than any of my local stores.

PS Store has sales, but they never ever match their prices with the main stores, the price just stays the same until it's included in a sale... That is not good enough.

For those who like to take games to their friends houses for a gaming session - Simply deactivate your PS4 as primary, log onto your PSN on your friends console, activate as primary, go to library and download the game. All PS4 games will allow gameplay while the game downloads in the background. When you've finished at your friends house, deactivate their console, go home and reactivate your own console (can be done on PS Store via PC and other stuff). Digital games can be installed on 2 consoles at any time, so deactivating a console is a must. It's not as easy as taking the disc, but it works.

Edited by DavidCore89

I'm not sure about this but when my ps4 broke I had it as primary system and I had to call them to deactivate it, I was told by psn support that the process of deactivating a console and reactivating could only be done once every 6 months, not sure about it but just in case careful :)

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I'm not sure about this but when my ps4 broke I had it as primary system and I had to call them to deactivate it, I was told by psn support that the process of deactivating a console and reactivating could only be done once every 6 months, not sure about it but just in case careful :)

Yeah, PS Support will only do it once every 6 months by request and I had the same issue with my broken PS3, but players can manually do it on the console and on the PS Store website.

I've had my PS4 games played on 3 or 4 consoles, but they can only be installed on 2 consoles at any time, if you break those rules then it'll have a padlock on the game on the most recent installation. I've had this happen once when I forgot to deactivate the 3rd console after getting rid of it, but I logged onto PS Store via PC and deactivated the console that I sold.

Obviously, do this at your own risk  :D.

• Like 1

Not only do the digital games need to be cheaper but at the same time I need to be able to download them on both my PS4's. If I am home alone I play in the living room and relax but if my girlfriend is home and wants to watch TV or something of that nature then I go play the Playstation in the gaming room. With digital I can't download it on both systems. For me I have to have a hard copy.

Not only do the digital games need to be cheaper but at the same time I need to be able to download them on both my PS4's. If I am home alone I play in the living room and relax but if my girlfriend is home and wants to watch TV or something of that nature then I go play the Playstation in the gaming room. With digital I can't download it on both systems. For me I have to have a hard copy.

You can download on 2 consoles at once, be sure to have one of them set as primary.