Proto's Italian Job Race

Protocawl

Proto's Italian Job Race

4.93 mile Point to Point Race for 1-30 players

Available vehicles: Issi & Issi Classic (Compact), Motorcycles

If you've seen The Italian Job (2003), this track should remind you of some of the iconic scenes from the film. You'll be driving the Issi or Issi Classic through traffic, alleyways and underground tunnels. Motorcycles are also available if you want to play a baddie instead. Just remember: in tight spots caution is better than speed! Leave Traffic and Contact on for the full experience.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

Get out of my head Proto! I saw a Mini on my way to work today and instantly thought of the Issi and The Italian Job and that should be a race in GTA.

Wraingbowgirl had a tunnel race that was fun but she deleted it. I look forward to bookmarking this and trying it out.

• Like 2

Get out of my head Proto! I saw a Mini on my way to work today and instantly thought of the Issi and The Italian Job and that should be a race in GTA.

Wraingbowgirl had a tunnel race that was fun but she deleted it. I look forward to bookmarking this and trying it out.

:lol:

I could've published and posted this race at least a week ago already, but decided to post it here today. Brilliant timing I guess. :D

Sounds cool, I've bookmarked it and look forward to playing it soon. I've been meaning to make this for months too haha.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Awesome race, I really liked it! I think you should lock it to the issi and not allow customs. I accidentally forgot to turn it off and used my rhapsody which worked fine, but takes away from the theme. A non custom car would also be better suited to the track as customised cars were a little too fast in certain spots.

I don't remember what CPs, but there were a few that were a little too close and didnt give you time to react to the next one. One I do remember was when you exited the drain. The way I test a track is to run through it and only pay attention to what the checkpoints are telling you to do, all at full speed. I can usually spot problem areas by doing it this way.

Good work! :)

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Cool race, Proto.  Really captures that Italian Job feel.  :)

Just echoing what Scotty said.  Pretty sure the CP's he mentioned are 51 & 52.  They came up quite quick when travelling at speed.

There's also a little shrub/bush just before the finish line that blocks the route.

I think it's possible to drive straight through it on PS3, but on PS4, that bush is as solid as a rock.  :(

Maybe you could adjust the last couple CP's or move the finish line to avoid the bush, but if that's what you intended, then leave it as is.

Nice job, mate.  :)

• Like 1

Awesome race, I really liked it! I think you should lock it to the issi and not allow customs. I accidentally forgot to turn it off and used my rhapsody which worked fine, but takes away from the theme. A non custom car would also be better suited to the track as customised cars were a little too fast in certain spots.

I don't remember what CPs, but there were a few that were a little too close and didnt give you time to react to the next one. One I do remember was when you exited the drain. The way I test a track is to run through it and only pay attention to what the checkpoints are telling you to do, all at full speed. I can usually spot problem areas by doing it this way.

Good work! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll properly lock it to the stock Issi then and I'll run through some of those close CPs again myself and fix 'em. Thank you!

I've got a movie themed playlist this weekend, should be perfect for it. How well would it run as contact?

Now that is a good question, because during test runs with crewmates I ran it as non-contact all the time. The thing is, it's meant to be with traffic on and there's plenty of traffic + there are several REALLY tight alleyways and passages, which could mean that contact will be more frustrating than fun, especially with more people. If you really want contact, I would recommend trying to run it with at least 5 people with contact sometime before the PL to see how it works out. I'll try it out tonight after Xyon's PL (or before, or even during, if she'll add it and run it with contact; I'll see what I can do) if I can. Knowing the track, though, I'd say that it won't work out well at all if more than a few people make it to these tight passages at the same time. Would still be good to know for sure. :)

Cool race, Proto.  Really captures that Italian Job feel.  :)

Just echoing what Scotty said.  Pretty sure the CP's he mentioned are 51 & 52.  They came up quite quick when travelling at speed.

There's also a little shrub/bush just before the finish line that blocks the route.

I think it's possible to drive straight through it on PS3, but on PS4, that bush is as solid as a rock.  :(

Maybe you could adjust the last couple CP's or move the finish line to avoid the bush, but if that's what you intended, then leave it as is.

Nice job, mate.  :)

Really good to hear that it's come out the way it was supposed to!

Again, I'll certainly look into the CPs. The bush is indeed of no problem on the PS3, you can drive straight through it, so I had no idea about the issue on PS4, but the last CPs are where they're supposed to be I'm afraid, so... I'll see if I can do anything about it without changing the finish, though. ;)

Thank you!

I ran it this morning solo with my custom Blista and traffic on. Very fun. I didn't notice the bush problem, maybe I missed it. If there's 5 or less tonight after the vetting PL maybe we could try it with contact on.

• Like 1

I ran it this morning solo with my custom Blista and traffic on. Very fun. I didn't notice the bush problem, maybe I missed it. If there's 5 or less tonight after the vetting PL maybe we could try it with contact on.

I can see the "customs on for custom Issis only" idea really isn't working, so next time you play this, it'll be stock Issis all the way. :lol:

The bush can only be hit if you're trying to be sneaky and take a bit of a shortcut through it. Otherwise, if you pass through the middle of that second to last CP, you'll go past the bush entirely (if my memory serves me right).

Also, more instances of people testing it with contact means we get a better idea of whether contact is good here or not, so go ahead and run it with contact tonight if you can, Beez. :)

Really fun race Proto! I only had a chance to run it once with one other driver. It would be great in a PL. I agree that it should be locked to the Issis. After all it is the Italian Job Race. :)

I was thinking it would be really fun with contact on but as mentioned before it may be frustrating driving through those narrow passages. All in all I loved it! I was smiling the whole time.

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

bookmarked

its a awesome race, reminds me of the film so much, the cp at the end of the ls river is a bit awkward it does'nt really show you that you have to go up the hill, and the one before the slalom needs to be moved back a little bit, other than that its really good

btw if i was doing really bad driving its becuase while i was racing i was holding on of my cats- he likes to be held like a baby

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

Thank you all very much for the feedback!

All the previously mentioned CP issues have been fixed and some guiding props have been added to a few sections of the track. Compacts class is now locked to Issi.

Squirrel, we tried contact with 6. Ask Snacks for details on how it went and then you can decide whether you'll use contact or not. General advice from me: don't use contact if you want everyone to have a chance to win/a genuine race. If you're after funny frustrating moments and silliness then you can give it a shot. Just make sure no one takes it seriously then.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

UPDATE:

• Finally locked the race to stock & custom Issi and Issi Classic + specific stock and custom motorcycles.
Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2