Quebec City vs Las Vegas

PrancingSkeleton

As an avid hockey fan, I've been following the NHL expansion very closely. It seems that the two cities who are competing for a team are Quebec City and Las Vegas. Personally, I'd really like to see Quebec City get the Nordiques back. I'd love to see the fierce rivalry between them and the Canadiens. Yes, Quebec City is a smaller city than Las Vegas, but Quebec has the fans. If you have ever visited Quebec, or anywhere in Canada, especially during the playoffs or Olympics (double double Canadiangold btw for all the Team USA fans), that's all they talk about. When Canada was down 2-0 against the USA with 15 minutes left, my French teacher cancelled the rest of his class so that we could watch the game. Also, when the men's team was playing in the semis against the U.S., they let teachers cancel their classes so that we could watch the game in the auditorium. I'm just saying this to just explain the dedication to hockey Canadians have. It actually really surprises me that Canada only has 7 teams. So, back to my point. I think that Quebec City just has the fan base to support an NHL franchise. On the contrary, Las Vegas is in the desert, and I'm kinda fed up of the NHL sticking hockey in the desert (Arizona, etc...). So yeah, I think I made it pretty clear that I want the Nordiques back, even though the Habs are my team. Who do you think deserves an NHL franchise?

Edited by PrancingSkeleton
  • Like 1

I'm not a sports person really, but we (Las Vegas) are also trying to get a basketball team too. We really don't have the fan base here for either, but the arenas are already approved to be built.

I'm not a sports person really, but we (Las Vegas) are also trying to get a basketball team too. We really don't have the fan base here for either, but the arenas are already approved to be built.

Same in Quebec. They just finished building the Videotron Centre, where the Nordiques would play.

Québec City won't be getting a team anytime soon. Simply put, with 14 teams in the western conference vs. 16 in the east, LV is a shoe-in.

Even Seattle stands a better chance of getting a team before Québec. Give it another 4-5 years before an expansion in the east.

my French teacher cancelled the rest of his class so that we could watch the game.

Hockey is a religion up here. :D

I can't stand the Habs. Average team only saved by Jesus Price. Not a Leafs fan btw. :P

Hockey? what's that?

It's a team sport where stuff actually happens. *cough* America's Favorite Passtime *cough*

• Like 1

Québec City won't be getting a team anytime soon. Simply put, with 14 teams in the western conference vs. 16 in the east, LV is a shoe-in.

Even Seattle stands a better chance of getting a team before Québec. Give it another 4-5 years before an expansion in the east.

Hockey is a religion up here. :D

I can't stand the Habs. Average team only saved by Jesus Price. Not a Leafs fan btw. :P

It's a team sport where stuff actually happens. *cough* America's Favorite Passtime *cough*

I don't really think that the balance between the East and West will ultimately decide who gets a team. I wouldn't root for the Nordiques, but I find it really stupid that California (Los Angeles, San Jose, and Anaheim) and New York State (Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Buffalo) have 3 teams each and Quebec only has one. But that's just my opinion. Also, Price does save us, but we also have some good talent like Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, and Semin.

I think I'd go just for the fights.  :lol:

Loool I used to but then I actually fell in love with the sport itself.

Hockey? what's that?

Straight out of the Urban Dictionary:

The best and most entertaining sport out there. PERIOD.

Sadly, hockey's greatness isn't appreciated everywhere. But in Canada, we live and breathe this game, this one sport is intrinsically what links a nation together, it's a part of our heritage.

We even celebrate "Hockey Day in Canada." The passion and love for this game extends to young and old alike, children in pee wee games across the country dream about living the ultimate fantasy and playing in the NHL.

Nothing brings together a city more than a winning local team, nothing brings together a country more than winning on an international level(again, and again and again, I might add).

I get goosebumps when the crowd sings along with O' Canada, I feel giddy when I hear the HNIC theme song, I leave work early or skip class when my schedule interferes with a hockey game, I wear my hockey jersies proudly after a big win, I have crazy game day rituals and I jump up when we score. I'm blissfully happy when my team wins and torn after a loss.

DON'T TELL ME IT'S JUST A GAME.

There is something seriously wrong with you if you don't passionately love hockey.

A little comment from me:

If you asked any Quebecer what a perfect night would be they'd probably answer: watching the Habs game with a good (and fattening) plate of poutine and some good Canadian beer.

Well here in Denmark the tops are sadly Football (Soccer for you) but the most important is Le Mans, Speedway and Tour de France :P

- Really can't beat the Danish football team and the fans singing their hearts out of our Anthem (Der er et yndigt land), there's nothing like it! They usually end up stopping the music, cause people are singing so loud!

check it out: 

Edited by Haste
  • Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

Well here in Denmark the tops are sadly Football (Soccer for you) but the most important is Le Mans, Speedway and Tour de France :P

- Really can't beat the Danish football team and the fans singing their hearts out of our Anthem (Der er et yndigt land), there's nothing like it! They usually end up stopping the music, cause people are singing so loud!

check it out:

That really is impressive, I never knew Danish people were so patriotic. However, Canadians can be just as patriotic. Here's the anthem in Montreal on Rememberance Day I think:

We are very patriotic, we have a huge heart for our old country, I guess it's just natural for anyone around the world.

Very nice with the one from Montréal!

b2ExQd1.png

Us french aren't patriotic at all sadly :(

I wish people in stadiums would sing the anthem like you danish people do.

I feel like we frenchies are weird ones. Never happy with anything, always complaining.

We are very patriotic, we have a huge heart for our old country, I guess it's just natural for anyone around the world.

Very nice with the one from Montréal!

I was actually surprised at the fact that there were that many people who sung the anthem, given the "situation" in Quebec. But in general Montrealers are at least 10 times more patriotic (Canadian patriotism) than people who live elsewhere in Quebec.

i went for Quebec because hockey seams bigger there, i'd love to watch it (the fights) its not big here

nicolabellamy77.png

Us french aren't patriotic at all sadly :(

I wish people in stadiums would sing the anthem like you danish people do.

I feel like we frenchies are weird ones. Never happy with anything, always complaining.

Well, it shows that you're together in times of need, as of which happened not long ago with the terrorist attack, which is most important!

I wouldn't say weird, special is probably the better word, but in a good way Fido, theres a lot of music hailing from your place I really am intrigued by, your food ain't bad as well, I can't argue with that cause I frickin' love Blue cheese and Wine :)

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

i went for Quebec because hockey seams bigger there, i'd love to watch it (the fights) its not big here

it's is; I heard that the Canadian government changed their alchool laws during the Olympic hockey games.

Did I hear Football?

after Formula D and Football Hockey is my favorite sport, I even played (inline, it's kinda hard to make ice here) some time ago. Looking forward to play again.

oh, yes, almost forgot: Go Ducks Go!

Did I hear Football?

after Formula D and Football Hockey is my favorite sport, I even played (inline, it's kinda hard to make ice here) some time ago. Looking forward to play again.

oh, yes, almost forgot: Go Ducks Go!

People play hockey inside everywhere in the world, even in Canada! We do have outdoor ice rinks, but we only use them for leisure. The leagues and everything play inside. And GO HABS GO