Hints and tips

Pb76

Are any of the cars better than the others?

That's a good question. I have no idea and it would be good to know if they have any difference and i also wonder if the hats do anything. I have a feelings they are all the same though

scottyb1988.jpg

What camera modes do people use? Personally I use the ball cam and think that's the easiest way. Occasionally I'll go off it if I'm running back to goal and need to see straight ahead or if I want to take someone down.

Always think ahead. Where will that ball be after it hits the wall? Make sure you're there to get it. Think about what your team is doing and don't all rush for the ball at once. Use tactical takedowns to push your opponent out of the way if you can't get to the ball in time.

Front flip forward to go faster and when jumping for a ball, push x once and leave it for a second to gain a bit more height and then press x again and hold the direction towards the ball to hit it. You learn these and many more techniques In the training but practicing them and using the effectively takes practice.

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

I was gonna ask about the ball cam as I tend to always use it.

Good idea to switch it in that circumstance Scotty, as sometimes I'll bomb back toward my goal to defend and end up in the corner.

Use a bit of throttle control. Don't be on the gas all the time. This way it's easier to time your shots.

If the ball is in the air, move away from it so you can see it clearly and get a good run up to it.

If you don't have the ball, I find it better to retreat towards your goal so you can get a good run up to it and get it off them instead driving around in circles.

scottyb1988.jpg

Don't have me in your team, I'm more likely to score for the opposite side or miss a sitter although I did score a couple of goals the other night in the right end :D

• Like 1

Use ball cam -- unless you need to demo someone.  When I'm about to take someone from the other team out, I turn off ball cam and turn it back on once I've blown them up.

Do not chase the ball and get caught up in the traffic jam.  I usually hang back if everyone is surrounding the ball.  Someone is going to knock it out and I'll be ready.

Boost wisely.

Try not to hit the ball "just because".  I'm trying to get a better hang at this one.  I like to wait until I can clear the ball or try for a goal.  Otherwise, it could send the ball in a direction we don't want.  Patience!

At kick off, unless you're in one of the positions to the left or the right you're not going to make it to the ball. Hang back and save your boost for the rebound shot.

• Like 3

I don't use ball cam, it's too easy to lose your bearings, plus that camera view affects your jump trajectory.

I don't use a hat/topper, I feel as though it might get in the way when performing a flip and shot.

I don't use a hat/topper, I feel as though it might get in the way when performing a flip and shot.

Don't tell Lime, it's going to ruin his outfits.

• Like 1

At kick off, unless you're in one of the positions to the left or the right you're not going to make it to the ball. Hang back and save your boost for the rebound shot.

Yes this!!  No need to have the entire team rush the ball.  Hang back.  If the other team hits the balls first and sends it at your goal, you  need to be there to defend!!

Vehicle toppers do not make a difference in flips/kicks at all. The vehicle performance is all the same, THOUGH.... The front end DOES MATTER. i.e.. The van, when hitting a stopped ball, center field, without jumping, will knock the ball up slightly. While one of the "Lower to the ground" vehicles will pop it up higher.

HERE IS THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

Being in tournaments and watching the official cups..... DO THE AERIAL TRAINING OVER AND OVER AND OVER... It is insane how good some of these ppl are. Kronovious (or whatever his dam name is lol) Can fly all the way across the arena, from goal to ceiling and to goal, without touching ground or cage, and still have 25% boost. 

BOOST is NOT for getting to the ball quick. (ok maybe 5% of the time) If you double flip forward while driving forward, or double flip backwards in reverse, you will get a speed boost. THIS is how the good players move around the arena. BOOST is used to fly through the sky and get massive aerial attacks. 

I can fly, yes yes... But, flying AND hitting the ball proper AND scoring.... not so good. Twitch calls me The Flying Hawaiian lol. 

Edited by Locsta815