Any European PS4 players?

silenttigercd

I've recently started playing Destiny and wondered if any of you guys are available to team up GMTish evenings? Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days for me. I don't understand the game modes yet so I can't suggest anything specific I want to do. I want to avoid the Crucible for a while though as I got absolutely ruined [0.08 K/D] there yesterday! 

I'm only level 8 so I understand if I need to level up first. I suspect your jobs will be too hard for me and mine too easy for you. If teaming up with me is not going to benefit you then let me know as I don't want to waste your time. I'm happy to level up then help out when I'm more experienced.

I've also noticed some talk of Prisoner of Elders and understand I need the House of Wolves expansion for this. Do most of you guys have this? Can I still game with you without buying it? Should I buy it or wait for Destiny: The Taken King?

I live in the UK. I'm on PS4, your profile shows PS3. Personally I don't like the crucible because I'm crap! If you don't buy the dlc you won't be able to play the same stories/ mission/ modes as the rest of your fireteam if they have it. You also wont have access to the more powerful weapons, armor and third class ability as far as I understand. Each time dlc is realeased the level cap rises, right now it's maxed at 34 but without dlc I think it is 29. I have 3 Guardians, two of those are level 5 so we could form part of a fireteam but if you don't have PS4 that wont happen. I would advise that you complete the story before you decide on buying the dlc.

If any more enlightened Guardians notice any mistakes I may have made about the game please correct me.

One last thing. . . . matchmaking is not avaiable for every type of gameplay/ strike/ raid so you HAVE to form your strike team before starting OR previously arranged for Guardians to join after you have started if that is allowed( not an option for trials of Osiris). This part is causing me a little trouble for various reasons that include higher level players with maxed powerful weapons only willing to team up with higher level players with maxed powerful weapons. This presents a problem that I think will be addressed by the developers at some time in the future.

• Like 1

Awesome! I've only had the PS4 a couple of days. Thanks for the info, I'll hold fire on the DLC. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sucks at the Crucible :lol:

Will you be available this coming Tuesday or Thursday?

Get the Crota and Wolves DLC bundle, they are well worth the cash with the extras it adds to the game, plus then you are not limited in what you can do with the game.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I second Hatched, if you get the DLCs there's more 'end game' activities to take part in.  With the vanilla game all you can really do after the story is Vault of Glass, whereas with the DLC you get more story missions, Crotas End raid and the Prison of Elders (which is basically hoard mode).

Don't worry about crucible I sucked at first but, while I'm not great now, I still manage an average 1.8 most games.  Once you get some good weapons you're comfortable with you'll get better each match.  Also crucible is good for ranking up at lower levels because you get about 2000 xp per match, win or lose, add in some of the crucible bounties and you'll get to level 20 in no time.

• Like 1

Awesome! I've only had the PS4 a couple of days. Thanks for the info, I'll hold fire on the DLC. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sucks at the Crucible :lol:

Will you be available this coming Tuesday or Thursday?

The kids are off school for weeeeeeeeks so I'm booking most of Tue 21 July for Destiny and later in the evening will be attending the EU vetting playlist. I've got things to do with my

lv31 and pre arranged to meet someone in game. I don't think my session then will be compatible with you at your level BUT I will keep an eye out for you and if we are on at the same time and I've done a few things with my War-Lock I'll switch to one of my other Guardians and we can hook up in-game and crush some darkness!

• Like 1