Hobbies, Toys and Collections

JuniorChubb

4 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Original Subutteo used to be flat cards before they did the plastic figures. 

And the plastic ones I own actual have value and collectibility. These ones are just worthless trash. I can’t see them retaining value in 25/30 years although I could be wrong. 

I have seen the older players, they have a unique value like the original Star Wars figure vouchers they released as they couldn’t actually make the physical figure in time for Christmas. 

22 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Original Subutteo used to be flat cards before they did the plastic figures. 

Yup, all handmade...

I don't think the new ones are a homage to that though. Just cheaper and more inline with the FIFA generation where players have to look like the players.

Thought I would throw some Lego in to, this is an old set I have, box and all... Taken with some help from my bargain £15 lightbox!

6677.jpg

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I'd be interested in that as well. 

I intend to build one at the farm for doing pictures of bit parts, but an off the shelf cheapy for smaller stuff and for my ongoing loft clearout of toys etc. would be pretty useful. 

A few years ago on the Bay or Amazon @CatManDoza... 

It was smaller than expected but done the job, especially with a bit of Photoshop afterwards.

Something like this, but you can spend a lot more for a better quality one.. mine was budget.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Photography-Studio-Kit-Portable-Backdrops/dp/B07DXW1R2L/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=lightbox+photography&qid=1567710169&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Here is the same pic with a bit more of the box..DSCN1636.JPG

4 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

6.99, double LED's, 6 different coloured back grounds, that'll do for me. roll on pay day!

He's in!!!!!

1 minute ago, doubleg213 said:

There is a 40x40x40 one on Amazon for 11.99. 

oh thats a bit better. Not going to commit until I've tidied my dining room/man cave up!!

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

6 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Ok.  This is inspiring stuff.  Remind me when I get back to the not so United Kingdom to share my 1970/80s slot car collection.

excited john cena GIF by WWE

Ok, so, hobbies, toys & collections

one of my biggest collections is probably my model railway collection. All the popular OO gauge, will put all the images in a spoiler for you to peruse at your leisure.

Spoiler

ByZxDm1.jpg

spacer.pngaOsbj31.jpg

dYR5eIE.jpg

I have a few lego sets, nothing major, but had this one for my 30th birthday off the wife (I took her to New York, but I'm not bitter)

Spoiler

4mPTL70.jpg

I have few model cars on display, and of course I love to take old knackered Matchbox cars and restore then to their former glory

Spoiler

K0raTqj.jpg

pNey8sN.jpg

IoqIhpu.jpg

S748LHN.jpg

JFQWNOf.jpg

bVBRB7z.jpg

XZDgJYm.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

19 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

Ok.  This is inspiring stuff.  Remind me when I get back to the not so United Kingdom to share my 1970/80s slot car collection.

I had no idea you had such a thing.

19 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

excited john cena GIF by WWE

I know Dave's address so I wouldn't get too excited as by the time he gets back he may have no collection.

• Like 1

@CatManDoza Post a picture and I’ll tell you what you missed...

As a general rule of thumb though, with Star Wars stuff if it’s still there an hour after the start of the boot sale then it’s not worth much.

• 9 months later...

Going to add some photo spam after my epic shelf rearrangment mission. This post is going to be picture heavy!

First up, all my star wars sets in one place. I am going to design a new shelving unit eventually but I can't do anything till I'm back at work.

LULU3Gp.jpg

sl*ve 1 and Tantive IV Corridor

TtRmXuK.jpg

The next few pics show how big things are in the Star Wars universe, you don't appreciate how colossal the capital ships are until you see the scaled versions of other ships next to them.

Super Star Destroyer with Scaled Star Destroyer

nnJFMLG.jpg

Star Destroyer with Scaled Tantive IV  

kZTzwAg.jpg

Tantive IV with Scaled X-Wings

3iSbNYn.jpg

X-Wing

aJSNYQ8.jpg

• Like 3

Epic! I just can’t make up my mind which I prefer, docking bay or trench run.