Morbidstix? Any good?

JustHatched

It finally happened to me (I went all DavidCore on it I guess), the R2 and L2 hinges are broke on my PS4 controller.

I will get a new one over the weekend but also want to fix the old one since parts are fairly cheap

Anyone ever ordered from these people http://www.morbidstix.com/ ?

Are their parts any good?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 month later...

Lol.

Too much aiming and shooting on Destiny?

As far as I can see, the only modifying they do aside from wraps and trigger stoppers is rapid fire triggers and I doubt they will get a great reception in any game  ;).

I got a friend to install metal hinges in mine, I suppose Ebay will sell the required parts.

Edited by DavidCore89

I haven't ordered them yet to fix the old controller.

I read that using your middle finger to press R2/L2 causes them to break because it puts an odd angle on the hinge (holding R2 to throttle a plane and index finger for R1 for rudder for example).

Dunno if that's true and even if it is I won't change the way I do things..

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I read that using your middle finger to press R2/L2 causes them to break because it puts an odd angle on the hinge (holding R2 to throttle a plane and index finger for R1 for rudder for example).

... That would be beyond stupid. Isn't that how they should be used in the first place? It's not like anyone is going to use their thumb on R1 and index finger on R2 or anything. : GRIMACE :

Whenever I've tried to use my index finger on L2/R2 it has just felt awkward.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

I haven't ordered them yet to fix the old controller.I read that using your middle finger to press R2/L2 causes them to break because it puts an odd angle on the hinge (holding R2 to throttle a plane and index finger for R1 for rudder for example).Dunno if that's true and even if it is I won't change the way I do things..

Never tried replacing the parts, but I'm currently on my second PS4 controller and my PS3 controller barely works because of the same issues. I use my index fingers, never the middle--I think they are just fragile--it didn't take too much to wear out the PS4 controller.

I haven't ordered them yet to fix the old controller.

Dunno if that's true and even if it is I won't change the way I do things..

I suppose it's kinda true, middle fingers have more force.

I use index fingers for triggers and still broke 2 controllers (however I use the same combo as you for GTA planes), so I guess it really comes down to how much force is used on the R2/L2 buttons, what you say kinda makes sense as the hinge always snaps on one side only.