PS3 Criminal Mastermind heist team, assemble!

Protocawl

Exactly what the title says.

• I'm looking for 3 heist teammates for the Criminal Mastermind challenge/award.
  • The plan is to finish this in 2-4 separate sessions instead of 1 continuous marathon, but all within a week.
  • I expect us to be able to start and finish the challenge in July. Since I'll be available pretty much 24/7, the specific times will depend on the rest of the team's availability.
  • To avoid possible connection issues and ensure a smooth experience, players from Europe are preferred (since I'm in this region, too), but don't hesitate to show your interest even if you are from outside of Europe! This is not all that important, just potentially could make things easier.
  • If there's enough interest (and suitable times), I can assemble 2 teams and help both complete Criminal Mastermind.
  • Mics are strongly recommended if we want this to go as smoothly as possible (it'll also be much more fun). As long as at least 1 other besides me has one, we can probably manage, though.
  • All team members will be wearing player-owned outfits that must include a Heavy Utility Vest and a BP Helmet. A personal Armored Kuruma or Insurgent is also recommended, but not a must.
  • Before the actual run I'm planning either a full practice run (all heists) or one or a few specific heists for warm-up. We'll determine the time when the team is together.
  • I'll provide us with the strategy, useful tactics, tips and guidelines.
  • We'll decide roles when the team is ready. Everyone will be doing what they do best, if possible.
  • Everyone will get 25% of the cut from every heist.

All you have to do is let me know of your interest in taking part in this, your experience with heists, anything/everything you're good at regarding heists and your times of availability, in this topic.

If there's something I forgot to mention or anything on your mind about all this, feel free to ask.

GUIDE:

Part 1:

A rather good guide that Fido pointed out long ago and where I got a lot of good advice and ideas from: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733723-grand-theft-auto-online/71484634 You should all read this first and remember the preparation advice above all. There's some great info about possible glitches and what to do to prevent/get rid of them + more.

Prison Break

1st Setup - The Plane   MEDIUM RISK

We get to the airfield in 1-2 vehicles (An Armored Kuruma, Kuruma+Insurgent or 2 Kurumas), we clear the first wave of enemies either from inside the Kuruma(s) or by using our vehicles as cover. After the first wave the Pilot gets in the plane and takes off while others defend him until he's off the ground. After that we clear the airfield of remaining enemy waves and wait for the Pilot to land at LSIA.

2nd Setup - The Bus

We drive to the bus in 3 Kurumas. Depending on where we plan to stop the bus we'll decide how we take down the convoy on our way there. We take down any police helicopters nearby, then one of us gets in the bus, others each get into a separate Kuruma (to avoid the glitch) and everyone loses the cops by driving off-road.

3rd Setup - The Station   MEDIUM RISK FOR CARGO SHIP TEAM

Police team call the cops, take their car, but DON'T KILL THEM, unless they stay in the car. Enter the Police station UNARMED.

Cargo ship team eliminate as many guards as they can before getting on the ship, then proceed to clear the ship of enemies. Once in the Casco, DO NOT SHOOT AT ALL, UNLESS YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURROUNDED BY ENEMIES AND HAVE NO OTHER WAY OUT. This is to avoid the dangerous infinite cops glitch in this setup. Keep your snacks and armour menu open instead and go off-road whenever possible.

4th Setup - Wet Work   POTENTIAL HIGH RISK FOR THE CITY HALL TEAM

City Hall team drive a Kuruma to the location, snipe the lawyers (or use MGs/Assault Rifles instead), get in the Kuruma, take our the cops while inside the car, get the documents while using the Kuruma as cover, then escape the cops.

Mansion team use either stealth or run in guns blazing. I recommend using stealth (weapons with suppressors), it's more fun and actually quite easy (also more safe). In case this team decides to rush in, one member should drive around to the mansion entrance and block it to prevent the target from escaping.

The Finale   HIGH RISK MAINLY FOR THE GROUND TEAM

Pilot: Fly behind the Jet(s) coming after you, trying to match their speed.

Demolitions: DON'T DESTROY THE JET(S) CHASING THE PILOT. Instead, if you know how and are skilled enough, provide air support to the ground team. Watch out for the missiles launched from the prison!

Before getting on the plane, everyone has to make sure that their wanted stars start flashing to avoid the glitch.

The Humane Labs Raid

Collect EMP Setup   HIGH RISK

DON'T USE EXPLOSIVES WHILE INSIDE THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER! During the aerial battle, stay behind the enemy jets and take 'em down. AVOID FRIENDLY COLLISIONS! (If you get damaged and are about to crash, JUMP OUT OF THE JET AND LAND IN THE SEA OR PARACHUTE TO THE GROUND TO AVOID DEATH!)

Valkyrie Setup   HIGH RISK

We drive straight to the Valkyrie in a Kuruma, clear the area and take down the enemy Buzzard with a Minigun/Homing Missile, then enter the Valkyrie and take out the rest of the enemy choppers.

Deliver EMP Setup

I hope you all know this already, but just to be safe: The last setup where we DELIVER THE EMP is 100% ABOUT STEALTH, COORDINATION and ACCURACY. No rushing either - there's more than enough time. Also, don't miss your shot, because the scientists and/or guards might hear the ricocheting bullets.

So, first up, there will be 2 guards at the entrance - 1 stationary at the entrance booth and the other one walking behind the 1st. This needs 2 of us - both get a bit closer to the entrance for better accuracy and then snipe the guards simultaneously, booth one first and the walking one right after. Meanwhile, one of us waits in the Insurgent and drives to the entrance once the guards are dead.

Once we're all at the entrance, everyone should take cover and wait for the Insurgent guard patrol to drive near us, then 1 of us takes him out using free aim (I've done it a lot of times, know the timing and can get it done very quickly). Then one of us snipes the guard at the top of the stairs and we move on to the next guards, quietly. We'll stop our EMP Insurgent near the guard's Insurgent.

There are 2 guards near a truck and 2 scientists under the staircase. Equip a suppressed weapon and I will assign everyone a target, then count down and we all shoot at the same time. After this, there are basically 2 methods to continue.

1) 2 go up the stairs and forward a bit until they can take a clear shot at the 2 scientists in the alleyway to the left. At the same time (or before) 1 of us on the ground takes down the idle guard near the wall to the right. After these 3 are dead, one of us on the stairs snipes the walking guard across the yard, on higher ground. Finally, 2 of us take out the remaining guard and scientist at the back at the same time. (Haven't used this method before myself.)

2) We wait (possibly up to a few minutes) until the 2 scientists in the alley come out and move to the truck at the very back. Once they're past the idle guard to the right, 1 takes that guard down. When the scientists stop, they line up perfectly, so that all the scientists can be killed with 1 Sniper bullet (I've done this, this needs good positioning and accuracy). Right after the scientists are dead, another of us takes down the guard next to them and then anyone can take down the last guard on higher ground to the left. (Pretty much perfected this method.)

Once all personnel are dead, we move the truck to the garage door and hack it open. When we leave, Merryweather cars will drive towards us. DO NOT SHOOT THEM, they won't notice us. Setup passed.

The Finale   HIGH RISK

The Valkyrie team has multiple options. They can either take down the ground enemies and choppers, or they can play it smart: the Gunner parachutes onto the rooftops and takes down any enemy choppers with a Minigun/Homing Missiles. The Valkyrie pilot can sit the chopper down on a hill and relax while the gunner takes care of him. It is NOT necessary to kill the ground enemies, since they do not pose any threat to the ground team. (I've never tried the landing on the rooftop method, but we can give it a shot during practice.)

Ground team: "BEFORE PRESSING RIGHT ON THE D-PAD AT THE ELEVATOR, WAIT 5-10 SECONDS.
Otherwise you might get glitched and the enemies will not spawn when you go down. This forbids the game from letting you equip your rebreathers when you get to the cooling vent."
  (I've never actually been a part of the ground team, so I have no knowledge about their task in the labs)

Part 2:

Series A

Coke Setup   HIGH RISK

"The Chopper team can just pick the helicopter and land it on the top-most roof, on the middle/back of the ship. There's actually a Helicopter landing area, but do not land it there. You'll get shot dead." Be careful, don't rush into rooms, keep your eye on your health and srmour and remember to pick up the coke, and if necessary, also the armour and health pickups. Once we're done on the yacht, we'll all board the helicopter and escape. If we can't lose the cops any other way afterwards, we'll land near the underground tunnel entrance and run around in there until we lose them.

Trash Truck Setup   HIGH RISK

Kill the enemies from as far away as possible, they're deadly in close range during this setup. Also, we won't have to kill all enemies, just the ones in range. Keep your eyes on your armour and health at all times as well and get to cover whenever possible.

Bikers Setup

Use suppressed weapons to take out all enemies. NO EXPLOSIVES! We can make it so that we place 2 team members in each van or 2 drivers take the vans and 2 protect in Kurumas or Insurgents. Van drivers should get on the freeway as fast as possible, it'll be a safer route.

Weed Setup   HIGH RISK

Once at the sawmill, dispose of the enemies WITHOUT USING ANY EXPLOSIVES and keep your eyes on your health. DON'T USE THE TRAIN TRACKS when we get the vans and Technical, the train can spawn and destroy you. Also, once we have the Boxvilles and the Technical, we'll need to stay in a convoy and move very fast, but be careful at the same time. The Technical team will take point and clear out the roadblocks - these are the only times when our convoy can stop if necessary. The gunner on the Technical should be very accurate and watch out - there's plenty of enemies in vehicles AND possibility of shooting your vans. The driver of the Technical, meanwhile, should be careful not to roll the vehicle over.

Meth Setup

We'll need to bring at least one Insurgent and a Kuruma or 2 Insurgents for this.

Kill all the enemies outside without using explosives, then when we get into the meth labs, use shotguns (which ever you prefer, Assault suggested). When the coast is clear, one takes a truck from behind the farm, carefully attaches the trailer and we form a convoy: 2 players in an Insurgent at the front, followed by the truck, followed by a Kuruma/another Insurgent. The convoy stays on the road, Insurgent at the front clears the road of vehicles.

The Finale   HIGH RISK

Technical team stays at the back while they take down the helicopters, then get into a proper convoy and keep the vans safe from incoming hostiles. Gunner should aim for the drivers to avoid chain explosions if possible.

Van drivers should just go as fast as possible (while still trying to stay near the Technical for protection), avoid other vehicles on the road and keep an eye on their health, eat snacks and re-equip armour when necessary.

The Pacific Standard Job

1st Setup - Vans

Nothing difficult, just don't bump/hit/scratch/shoot the vans, otherwise it's mission failed.

2nd Setup - Signal   POTENTIAL HIGH RISK

(got the following tip from Jesse's post: http://www.domesticb...nal-mastermind/)

Drive past the place where Lester tells you to go to get the Seasharks. Continue driving until you get out of the tunnel that goes underneath the military base. Pull onto the beach on the left and continue driving north around the bend and you’ll see another group of Seasharks. You’ll also see the island you’re going to- it’s a shorter trip, and you can return to that spot to get your vehicles after you grab Avi. Makes things quicker and safer.

I suggest we use armored Kurumas, especially the person who accompanies Avi, after we get back from the island, since there will be a lot of cops. Should use separate vehicles to avoid infinite cop glitch. Also found out that whoever gets into the boat with Avi, should avoid driving the boat onto land and stop the boat in the water so that both could swim to shore.

3rd Setup - Hack

3 get into Lester's van, 1 of us takes an armored Kuruma, which will be used to safely clear out the hideout where the van is. Later, during the chase in the black van, everyone in the van should watch their health and stay in cover as much as possible, especially in the back of the van.

4th Setup - Convoy   HIGH RISK

We get to the location, preferably in armored Kurumas (or Insurgents). We'll need at least 2 cars to create a roadblock on our side of the bridge. Then we snipe the heli and get into position. I should have 2 of us behind the roadblock and 2 on the hill across the bridge, to the left, for a perfect ambush. Anyone on the hill will have to stay out of the convoy's sight until they're on the bridge). We wait until they're on the bridge, then take out the truck driver and Insurgent gunner first. NO EXPLOSIONS and NO EXPLOSIVES. Once the convoy is eliminated, 1 enters the truck for a brief moment to trigger more enemy helis, which we'll snipe down before we move on. After the helis are down, 2 enter the Insurgent pick-up and take point, 1 takes the truck and stays behind the Insurgent, and 1 takes a Kuruma to cover the rear.

5th Setup - Bikes   HIGH RISK

We all go to the hideout in the same car, an armored Kuruma. Shoot all the bikers we can from inside the car, then clear out the rest of them on foot (be careful here). Once we get on the bikes, instead of taking the streets, we:

"Go to the river on the east of the city, go to the tunnel entrance to the north and follow it all the way to the other exit, below the Union Depository. After you get back up on the street, there should only be one spawn of The Lost enemies, and after that there should be no more spawns, making it the perfect alternate, safest way to get through this mission."

(Found this bit from a guide on GTAForums.)

The Finale   HIGH RISK

The following I got from Jesse's post again:

All crowd control has to do is pull out an RPG and the ‘Intimidation’ meter will stay full. Do not aim at any of the people in the bank. If the alarm is set off for some reason, NOOSE is coming and it's now up to you if you want to continue or just start over. Once the hacker/demolitions guy gets into the vault, only one person needs to take the money. This makes things much simpler. The person with the money will stay in the bank while the other 3 clear out all the cops outside. When you go down the alley, the guy with the money stays in between 2 people taking the lead and 1 person covering behind you guys.

After we get to the bikes, we follow the GPS a bit until that empty police car and we get in that car. This will give us, and our takings, more protection and allows the passengers to shoot at cops and apply armour easily. We can then drive straight to the boat. IF we happen to find a Police Riot van en route, though, then we could try to enter that for perfect safety, even though it's slower. Found something else interesting: "After you get to Madrazo's Mansion, you can take down the chopper. If you don't, a lot of cops will spawn at the end when you get to the Dinghy." There could actually be more than one police chopper there and if we don't take any of them down, we'll meet A LOT of police vehicles on the way to the boat. I've noticed that several times. When the team has shot the helis down, however, the resistance will be minimal.

OR 3 could get into the police car, head for Madrazo's barn area while 4th goes after his Kuruma/Insurgent and picks up the other guys around Madrazo's barn near the freeway for extra safety. Then just drive to the Dinghy and avoid drowning/destroying the car.

Another possibility would be for everyone to use their own Kuruma/Insurgent during the escape, take the western highway and meet up at the Dinghy. That would require everyone to have their Kuruma/Insurgent in a garage in the northern part of the city, with a safe entrance (out of cops' sight) and it might take a while to load into the garage on the PS3 (I've experienced a 1 or 2-minute load time, which might've been due to all teammates being close to my garage entrance, with cops on their tail).

(The personal armored vehicle methods will only work if we don't fail and get the finale done without restarting. Otherwise you'll get stuck when trying to enter your garage.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we get back to free roam after the final setup of any heist we should all go stock up on armour and snacks.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Protocawl

• silenttigercd

• Moorjc

Count me in Proto. I've played each heist multiple times. I'm best at driving and a fairly decent pilot. Also, I'm quite good at killing NPCs - not so good at deathmatches though!

I'm unavailable weekends until around 6PM GMT. Should be available most weekdays (with exception to Wednesday's from 16:30 GMT). Afternoons preferred and I like to stop playing around 10PM GMT.

As you know, I have a headset, armoured Karuma and I live in Europe.

Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 1

I'm in as well :)

I'm on holiday from july 15th to august 25th.

I can be available from 9am to 6pm (GMT+2) on weekdays.

Best time for me would be 15th-16th-17th of July or the week after that.

I'm best at driving but I'm also good at shooting NPCs.

I have a mic as well and all the clothes requirements except the bulletproof car but I'm sure you guys have one ;)

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Not sure how I've missed this topic.

Anyway, I can't really commit just yet, however I might be available to do this.

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered about the Criminal Mastermind challenge because of the money, so the only reason for doing it would be for the challenge itself I guess.

So yeah, my motivation isn't really that great, but if you're still looking for a member at the time and will have me onboard, I'll try and make myself available if I can.

Unless of course they announce a 5mil Pfister supercar and 5mil 20-car garages* coming with the next update, then I'll probably need some extra cash. :D

*... one can dream, right?

• Like 3

Not sure how I've missed this topic.

Anyway, I can't really commit just yet, however I might be available to do this.

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered about the Criminal Mastermind challenge because of the money, so the only reason for doing it would be for the challenge itself I guess.

So yeah, my motivation isn't really that great, but if you're still looking for a member at the time and will have me onboard, I'll try and make myself available if I can.

Unless of course they announce a 5mil Pfister supercar and 5mil 20-car garages* coming with the next update, then I'll probably need some extra cash. :D

*... one can dream, right?

The challenge itself and helping your buddies out isn't enough? :o

:D

Of course I'd like to have you in on this, Z! There's plenty of days left until July, so I'm hoping to see some more interest and more responses to this anyway, though. Also hope that your expensive dreams come true! :lol:

• Like 1

I  can also join you. I already finished all the heists and i'm pretty good at them, doesn't matter which role.

I can play during the week after 5pm gmt and on the weekends I have more free time.

• Like 1

I still need to host the Trevor heist and the Pacific Bank Job.

Maybe we could do that in one of our prep sessions :)

Perfect.

do you have the team already?

I'm waiting for as much interest as possible, so I will decide on the team (or teams) in about a week's time. Some are less inclined to do CM than others and I also mentioned that if there's enough interest (6 people all willing to do this) then I can run it twice with 2 different teams. Currently 4 have posted here so feel free to throw yourself into the mix if you're interested! ;)

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

i'm down, just don't put me as the guard or prisoner on the prison break heist,

the last time there was an invisible guard shooting at us looked high and low

and could not find him Lol epic madness.

Edited by smurf

It's about time to sum this up now and start confirming the team(s). A few things are unclear to me about some of you so I have a few questions:

I  can also join you. I already finished all the heists and i'm pretty good at them, doesn't matter which role.

I can play during the week after 5pm gmt and on the weekends I have more free time.

Gandish, I seem to remember that you have a mic, correct? Also, do you have an Armored Kuruma or Insurgent?

i'm down, just don't put me as the guard or prisoner on the prison break heist,

the last time there was an invisible guard shooting at us looked high and low

and could not find him Lol epic madness.

Smurf, have you played through all heists and setups before? If yes, how many times and were any/all of those runs on Hard difficulty? Do you have a mic? Do you have an Armored Kuruma or Insurgent?

I'm down to mob, let me know when your ready,  I need to get some money, an we did a pretty good job last time.

You don't have access to a mic, right, JC? Also, could you be available between 12am to 5pm GMT in July most days or what would be the most suitable times for you?

After a long hiatus, i am back. I really wana get going on the heists. Add me ps3: ems-medik

Medik, do you have any experience with heists? Have you done all of them at least once? I'm looking for experienced players here, it's for Criminal Mastermind challenge where NO ONE CAN DIE. If you need basic heist experience, look for some more casual heist teams for now. ;)

I'll post a full guide and tips of mine for this here tomorrow and finalize the teams once I get the answers to the questions above.

Thank you!

• Like 1

yeah i got a  mic and I do have both the Armored Kuruma and Insurgent, and I have hosted and completed all heists on hardest settings and maybe like 8 times multiple difficulty settings. 

We should list high threat missions

• Like 1

I have a mic, and  12pm to 5 is good, as long as I know the day, most of the time I'm done working by 3pm...And I have the kuruma I haven't hosted yet, I plan to, at some point.

I just noticed 12am, so I have to get the time right, but as long I know the scheduled times of the heist, I'll be there, i'm so use to the timer, I don't know the times, forgive me I'm in ohio,  can you convert the time? 

Edited by Moorjc
  • Like 1

I have a mic, and  12pm to 5 is good, as long as I know the day, most of the time I'm done working by 3pm...And I have the kuruma I haven't hosted yet, I plan to, at some point.

I just noticed 12am, so I have to get the time right, but as long I know the scheduled times of the heist, I'll be there, i'm so use to the timer, I don't know the times, forgive me I'm in ohio,  can you convert the time? 

Oh, sorry, I meant from 11am to 5pm GMT.

Sure, I can convert. Basically, 11am to 5pm GMT would be 7am to 1pm your local time. You are currently GMT -4.

• Like 1

Updated the OP with the full Guide (excluding the Fleeca Job and some easier setups) that I put together from other guides and personal experience.

Also, I have the first team assembled for this and we're practicing now:

Protocawl

silenttigercd

Fido_le_muet

Moorjc

Potential 2nd team then:

Protocawl

gandish

smurf

zmurko

...if you want to/can do this after I've finished with the first team.

Fido, Tiger, JC - Would you be available to practice another heist (Prison Break/Humane Labs/Series A) on Wednesday between noon and 4pm GMT? (8am - noon your time, JC)

• Like 1

Sorry I can't do this Wednesday as I have a dentist appointment (that I've waited five weeks for!)

I can do any other week day though, between times mentioned in my first post above.

• Like 1

No worries, Tiger!

I can make time for heists any day. When will you have another few hour window for practice, Fido? It seems your schedule is the busiest of us four before your holiday.