I cant seem to drop this idea, maybe someone can help develop it.

Lann

So in a GTA race you can leave your vehicle and enter any other vehicle.

You can hit checkpoints on foot or in any vehicle.

With traffic ON there are going to be vehicles around.

With wanted level ON there are some places that makes things even further interesting.

cp's can be placed forcing you to leave your vehicle.

What can YOU do with this?

What I have been trying so far is to set a race to start on cycles, to encourage stealing something faster.

What I also have created is a long race where you need to drop the bike and travel in stolen vehicles.

I have included some areas like inside Fort Zancudo to get some extra action and the option to be airborne for a while.

This race takes about one hour and have not yet been tested with a larger group.

Edited by Lann3

CPs that you intend to be passed through on foot (or in a boat or plane) have to passed through on the bicycle during testing within the creator, so you're quite limited in that respect.

CPs that you intend to be passed through on foot (or in a boat or plane) have to passed through on the bicycle during testing within the creator, so you're quite limited in that respect.

I created and tested a race with the Akuma, and then just ran it with cycles. I was able to place cp's on rocks in the ocean as well as some other spots only a motorcycle in "creator test mode" would be able to reach. Here are some examples; http://rsg.ms/8370b8d

At some points (cp 32 and 34) you will probably leave your vehicle and parachute down as well.

Edited by Lann3

I really like the idea and wouldn't mind testing your one to see how it works which can help give me ideas for feedback. The problem with stealing a jet is that you will just stay in it until the end.

Also being a gta race, were you intending for us to kill each other or set a no killing rule? Respawn may be a problem depending where they are. I guess if you respawn on the rock, you will just hop off and swim back so it probably works.

It may end up a bit more frustrating than fun so you have to be careful in what you do. Maybe try creating a smaller one, like 20mins long to test it out with more people.

scottyb1988.jpg

Interesting idea lann. I assume the race we just did is kinda based on this. It was kind of hard to steal a car from anyone but other players or police but maybe that could work in your favor? It goes into free aim when trying to kill other npcs but I think if you did that same race but like Wayne county (where Trevor is from) it could probably be a situation that encourages you to kill other players so that the police come after you, therefore allowing you to steal a cop car and getting to check points faster. It's so much easier stealing a car in another car than a bike where you get run over pretty easily lol

Overall I like the idea and its a good start. It's different and a fresh take on this game where so many of the game modes feel the same.

• Like 2

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Interesting idea lann. I assume the race we just did is kinda based on this. It was kind of hard to steal a car from anyone but other players or police but maybe that could work in your favor? It goes into free aim when trying to kill other npcs but I think if you did that same race but like Wayne county (where Trevor is from) it could probably be a situation that encourages you to kill other players so that the police come after you, therefore allowing you to steal a cop car and getting to check points faster. It's so much easier stealing a car in another car than a bike where you get run over pretty easily lol

Overall I like the idea and its a good start. It's different and a fresh take on this game where so many of the game modes feel the same.

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to balance the gains of stealing a good car with the joy of killing the other racers. The freeway was picked to ensure many cars. Maybe it could also be more compact, less distace to travel. Especially since its hard to steal a car, one will not be picky (even though we fougnt good over that first Feltzer =)

Edited by Lann3
  • Like 1

I would've suggested making it more compact, or have it crossing over itself. Huge potential for something that is part race, part deathmatch. Can you have a GTA race in teams? (or did I dream that option)

• Like 2

One way to do something like this, and what I may actually do in the future is to make a capture into it. I guess it will play out differently so it depends what your main goal is.

If you have a capture object (bag so it doesn't get destroyed) far away so it's a race to get it, you could place certain vehicles along the main route there to add variety and when you die you respawn near where you died so you're always close to the action and fighting.

Set end conditions to one bag or a time limit if you want. I'll probably work on something like this soon anyway. It should be different enough but still similar in the fact it's a race/deathmatch.

scottyb1988.jpg