The Witcher 3

JustHatched

I see alot of people playing this, I know nothing of it, but just throwing up a thread if anyone wants to discuss it.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have heard pretty god things about it. Definitely sound like a game I would like to play in the future. For the people who are playing it, can you tell us what its about and what you think of it?

scottyb1988.jpg

I was thinking of getting this game but then i heard about how it takes over 200+ hours to finish everything. To me, Im just not ready to take on that commitment lol.

I do like RPG'S but i find it hard to get into "hardcore rpgs" and from what i heard this is a hardcore game. Last "real rpg" i played was dragon age  and it took me so long to finish it that i just dread getting hooked on a game of that magnitute... Its been getting great reviews though, i figure ill eventually pick it up.

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I also really enjoy RPGs but not this kind, I guess I am a lazy ass because I never really got into the action rpg genre. The first one I've played was for the Snes system and it was indeed an action one but since that I've only played And enjoyed until I finished them the turn based ones. Been thinking of getting this for the pc but as you JAL I can't commit to it. It looks good though

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I started playing this the day that it came out, as I was looking for something other than GTA to play.  The Witcher 3 is an open world RPG based on the fantasy novels of the same title, written by Andrzej Sapkowski.  I haven't read any of the books nor have I played any of the previous games, but am still having a lot of fun playing this. You play as Geralt of Rivia, a witcher, who is on a personal journey, but also gets paid to slay monsters with his swords and magic.  Why you ask?  Because that's what witcher's are trained to do!  You ride on your trusty steed named Roach exploring the world, gathering treasure, various ingredients to craft items, and completing quests.  Apparently, many of your player's actions also have an impact on the world around him.  I've heard that this game does takes around 100 hours to complete (i.e. main story and side missions), but could take upwards of 200 hours to complete everything that the game has to offer.  Also, one thing to note, there is no multiplayer, so if you play this, you will be on your own!

• Like 2

The witcher 3 is Stealing half of my GTA V time. nuff said. lol oh and if you like skyrim you will like this. :)) I can get more in depth but its just too epic to put into words. lol

• Like 2

berzybob.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I can say this much, it has potential to be Game of the Year, unless Bloodborne or MGSV snatches it :)

Very very good game, alot of hours you can pour into that game! very well crafted quests as well, fully voice acted, hell, sidequests are at such quality, it makes some games main storyline seem like a joke!

b2ExQd1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This game has distracted me from Destiny. I think The Witcher 3 is a brilliant game. . . It's massive! It will take a LOT of time to complete, even longer if you want to complete treasure hunts, side quests and witcher contracts. It has some free DLC and a season pass with extra content. If you like RPG's you should give this a try.

Didn't even see this.

As some people may know, I've been raving about this since I picked it up last week. If nothing is going on in GTA when I'm able to get on, I'm here.

To put the scope in perspective, I think I've sunk 20 hours into it in 8 or so days and I'm level 9. Equipment early on from what I've seen goes above 30. I'm sure it goes well beyond that too.

If you're familiar with any Elder Scrolls game like Skyrim, you'll be right at home with this title. It of course is set in a fictional medieval land ravaged by war, disease and .. monsters. Various empires strive for control, coin and other secret agendas. You're more or less a mercenary for hire who is a skilled professional at slaying and tracking beasts. That's not all, you're on the search for something important as well that slowly unravels the more you progress (a HUGE feature of this game is the "decision" making factor where what you elect to do/not do DOES affect individual characters, whole villages and more later on, which is always a huge bonus that engraves your experience that much more).

If you're not familiar with Witcher 1 and 2, which I'm not, do not fear. The game is vastly aware that many are not and does an excellent job filling in context/backstory of its' own or lets your mind wander some to connect the dots how you will. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter that you do not know every single detail from past titles and that's something that's so difficult to master. I think it's a huge success here.

While many games either focus too heavily on getting the combat/action or plot right, this one actually accomplishes both in a splendid way. Battle mechanics have a bit of a learning curve but they're taught very well through a tutorial that actually feels like it belongs (not some awkward add-on to make you familiar with the game), which is a subtle and appreciated touch. As you go through the game you'll tackle various quests, learn new abilities through a skill tree diagram of sorts and uncover and/or craft and/or purchase upgraded equipment that does change your appearance as it's equipped (many games don't). That's enough about the battle system though because while that's great, it's not the major selling point for me.

I will take a well told story over just about anything in the gaming industry. I enjoy movies and watch a ton of them. I simply love how they can take me from reality and capture my attention and suspend my belief for whatever they want to show for those 2 hours. Similar in power to Last of Us, Witcher 3 delivers on the narrative front. Perhaps one of the strongest cases for this is in its' framing and uses of various story telling means. The devices they use here from well made flashbacks to overhead plot narrations/summaries on loading screens and/or next chapters/arcs is truly incredible (they also make use of great still character illustrations). And I'm only talking about transitions from plot point to plot point. When you layer in amazingly rendered environments that vary in topography and weather with character models that articulate human emotion due to their various tales, whew. It's something to behold.

For me this is a game that draws from 3 particularly popular titles as my reference to you. It combines a powerful story, like in the Last of Us. It combines medieval/mild fantasy elements, like in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and it combines an open world where you're constantly reminded you have just about nothing, like in Fall Out. If that's not a winning formula, I'm not sure what is and it's no surprise that this title is up for a number of awards including Game of the Year. If you're willing to get swept up in features like these and enjoy something that isn't online and interactive with actual people .. you know, a good old return to classic video gaming that's more like a well crafted film, then I highly suggest picking this game up - especially while it's SO fucking cheap (it was released in May of this year).

Edited by G37
  • Like 4

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

You should be writing game reviews! I want it even more now, but I still won't get it for a while :P and you didn't even need to mention the sex scenes to sell it haha

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 5 months later...

This is currently £20 in ps store, really cheap for a game this good. If only I could pull myself away from Fallout to play it more :P

1 hour ago, Danielle said:

This is currently £20 in ps store, really cheap for a game this good. If only I could pull myself away from Fallout to play it more :P

I bought it two days ago, am getting into it now.

The patch 1.20 patched was released a few days ago which fixed a tone load of issues,

come to think of it the last time I remember playing this I was going into the ground at

certain parts of the map and the audio would fail leaving a never ending shrieking sound.

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.20-ENG_l9fczl2s3h.pdf