Overprotective Internet Browser

I use a website to help me download video's from Youtube. It's free and easy to use and can get a decent copy of any video I need.

Obviously as it's a free service the website makers need to make money so they always have annoying pop-ups and lots of adverts. I can deal with that, I know not to download anything or install anything from these dodgy websites as I'm fairly internet savvy.

The downloads I get from the site are either an audio or video file, never a zip or .exe file that could contain harmful malware.

Today google chrome has started treating that site differently. I can still use the site as normal but just as I get to the download file point (which is where the annoying pop ups are triggered) I get the following screen:

warning_zpsdg8wdghb.jpg

I can still click through and get my file but I can't find anywhere in the chrome settings where I can say that I know the risk so please stop warning me about it all the time. 

Thanks in advance.

i use browser extentions to do that, chrome stopped doing that because you know it all belongs to google and the extentions that allowed the download stopped working on yt.. i just use a similar system with one of the other popular browsers :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

You probably have malware from the dodgy website.

You can get malware just from visiting a site, file types are irrelevant.

Link?

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

This is the site itself. Wasn't going to post it because of the dodgy pop ups it generates.

http://www.clipconverter.cc/

Yeah, it's certainly possible to get malware from there and that's likely why that certain popup is being blocked.

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes and see what happens.

There are a lot of websites that can install malware easily, lyrics and file indexing/hosting websites are the most notorious for that.

Use an adblock for Chrome.

• Like 1